Will Imaginate Work in HD format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Imaginate Work in HD format?

I've got Imaginate 1&2. Just recently switched my editing system to HD. I've got a photo project coming up and I just realized that I haven't even loaded the software. Now I'm wondering if it will even work in the HD format.
    Will it load (want to hear back first before I try) and does it work in HD resolution? Thanks!

Version 2 does work in HD. Besure to install the latest update available from the download section
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Go into Settings and change to 16:9 and 1920.

Comment

How do you get HD video with an alpha channel from Imaginate to Edius?

JohnnyD
        Edius7, 4790K, 16G, Win7, GTX970ti MatroxLE
        2nd Sys.,Edius5.51, 2700K, 16G, GTX1060, Win7
        Atari 400
        JohnFellersProd

Comment

Are you just using the .ivp files?

Comment

Also ... don't forget to change the project settings in Imaginate to "Alpha".
            Edius X - Edius 9.52 Pro - Win 10 64 - AMD-Ryzen 9 3900X - 32 Gb DDR4 - ASUS-PRIME X570-PRO - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - SSD M.2 1000 Gb system + 3 x 3 Tb storage - 2 x 23" Full HD Monitors - M-Audio Studiophile AV40

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
              Also ... don't forget to change the project settings in Imaginate to "Alpha".
              I want to export a HQ alpha file for Edius. Or is there a better way?

JohnnyD
              Edius7, 4790K, 16G, Win7, GTX970ti MatroxLE
              2nd Sys.,Edius5.51, 2700K, 16G, GTX1060, Win7
              Atari 400
              JohnFellersProd

Comment

Use the imaginate project in EDIUS?
                Steve
                EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Downloading Imaginate updates

Hello,

I have Canopus Imaginate 2.0 Version: 2.00.0.49. I'd like to use this for exporting HD versions of my photo slideshows. I looked in the downloads for any updates and they don't seem to exist for this software. Is there any way I can get the update so I can export HD? If not, and since you don't offer any products that do this, can you suggest another software application that does what Imaginate does?

Thank you,
                  JJ

Comment

The last update should be Imaginate 2.0 Service Pack 2 (v2.02.00.04) .
                    This will give you full HD capability and if you need alpha backing just go uncompressed. You can always convert to HQ in the bin.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com
                    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

imaginate forgot from canopus?

hi,

I need the upgrade for imaginate becouse my software do not work in hd format .... but in the download section there arent ... please help me.

thaks

Charlie

Comment

Imaginate 2.0 was a paid upgrade. If you didn't purchase it when it was available, I think you may be out of luck. I have it in my download section because I had purchased 2.0.
                        Jerry
                        Six Gill DV
                        www.sgdvtutorials.com
                        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

For many many years I have used Imaginate --- but in in Premiere Pro CS3. My preferred method was importing the IVP file. This was always SD video on Windows XP.
                          Now I am working on a new machine - Win 7 with PPro cs6 - and need HD.
                          My account is still active and I logged in and was happy to find the last Imaginate upgrade still in my downloads section. Downloaded and installed it, I have set width to 1920 in Project Settings of my first project... but Premiere 6 will not take the IVP file and I still only see 720 by 480 options in Render Video.
                          Anyone know what I can do to get HD w/alpha out of Imaginate and into PPro 6??

Comment

My last post hasn't posted yet but I assume it will.
                            To update that - I did find the HD settings in the Render Video Section... (duh) - and got it rendering out 1920x1080. I would still would like to import the IVP file directly into PPro rather than rendering avi's. If that can be done, >> or if I must to be content to render, please let me know.
                            Thanks !

Comment

IIRC, Imaginate IVP files will only work on the timeline within Edius 5.51 or older. In Edius 6, you can't put the IVP file on the timeline and stretch it to any length like you can in 5.51.

Can anyone else confirm that?
                              Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
                              #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
                              #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

Working...
                              X