Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NewBluFX Vignette & Edius Dissolve not possible together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewBluFX Vignette & Edius Dissolve not possible together?

I'm banging my head on this supposed simple thing I want to apply to a clip in Neo 2.

I have applied the NewBlueFX Vignette to a Canopus HQ clip but I also want that clip with the vignette to fade in from black using the dissolve plugin

No matter what I try - I can't apply either one when the other is applied to the clip.

Is this a known issue or am I bringing my bad habits from editing in Vegas with me?

TBH - this could be the deal breaker for me so I'm hoping someone can tell me if there's a different way of making this work in Edius.

Plese help!
    Cliff Etzel
    Micro Documentary Filmmaker
    bluprojekt | SoloVJ (blog)
    --------
    Desktop: OS: Win7 Pro x64 | CPU: Intel Q9400 | Mobo: Intel DG33TL | 8GB G.Skill Dual Channel RAM | Boot/Apps: Seagate 160GB 7200RPM | Audio: Seagate 160GB 7200RPM | Source: WD Black 2x750GB Raid 0 (1.5TB) | Graphics: nVidia GT-220 1GB DDR

Laptop: Dell Latitude D620 | C2D 2.0Ghz | 4GB G.Skill RAM | OS: Vista x64 | Primary HD: WD 320GB 7200RPM | Video HD: WD 250GB 5400RPM

Use the keyer track and just fade in from there with the opacity line

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
      Use the keyer track and just fade in from there with the opacity line
      I actually tried that first - it seems that the only way to get this to work is to render as many effects to a clip as possible - render the clip and replace the existing clip and apply the other effects. Seems a little convoluted but I can't seem to find any other way of accomplishing this.
      Cliff Etzel
      --------
      Desktop: OS: Win7 Pro x64 | CPU: Intel Q9400 | Mobo: Intel DG33TL | 8GB G.Skill Dual Channel RAM | Boot/Apps: Seagate 160GB 7200RPM | Audio: Seagate 160GB 7200RPM | Source: WD Black 2x750GB Raid 0 (1.5TB) | Graphics: nVidia GT-220 1GB DDR

Laptop: Dell Latitude D620 | C2D 2.0Ghz | 4GB G.Skill RAM | OS: Vista x64 | Primary HD: WD 320GB 7200RPM | Video HD: WD 250GB 5400RPM

Comment

The fader rubberband are broken in NewBlueFX keyers. :~(
        It's a known issue and they're currently working on a fix.

My workaround is to fade to a black clip in a higher track.
        Rusty Rogers | Films
        >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
        >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
        Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
          The fader rubberband are broken in NewBlueFX keyers. :~(
          It's a known issue and they're currently working on a fix.

My workaround is to fade to a black clip in a higher track.
          Thanks so much Rusty - that's the simple workaround I was hoping for
          Cliff Etzel
          --------

Comment

Go to the download page and download the version just posted today. This new version adds the missing rubberband support and also adds keyframing! Registered users should have received an e-mail!

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads.html

Comment

Working...
            X