pixel repair or cover up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pixel repair or cover up

can anyone tell me if there is a plug in i can obtain to fill in the hole made by a dead or faulty pixel on my camera footage .i know there is one made by chv electronics but im sure its only for f.c.p. It would be great to have this as a tool on edius as all camera pixel blocks are prone to either pixels dying or not charging and its a great fix to be able to do it in the edit easily
    regards phil c

No need for plugin, you can do it very easy in Edius using the custom alpha mask video filter plus it is realtime no need to render anything.
    I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

missing pixel

thanks for that is this located in which video filter should i look at??

Comment

It is in Transitions/Alpha custom Map, but first you have to make a mask in photoshop, send me a single frame of your clip that has the dead pixels and I will make a mask for you, then you can use that mask in Edius.
        [email protected]
        I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

missing pixels

hey thanks very much, ill talk to you later about this, thank you so much regards phil

Comment

Sorry, but I was wondering if you could maybe jot down a few note as to how to do this in photoshop maybe first and als what to do in Edius.

Thanks

Comment

OK do this
              1.make a single frame of the footage that has the bad pixel (be sure to have Adjust Aspect checked in Plugin settings/Still image
              2. Open it in Photoshop and use the zoom feature and zoom into pixel level on that dead pixel, use the rectangular marquee tool with feather set to 0 and draw a square 1 pixel bigger around the dead pixel, click on Edit and fill it with black, click on Select and choose Inverse, click on edit again and fill it with white, you should have a white frame with a tiny black square, save this mask.
              3.In Edius, duplicate you clip, put one right on top of the other, on the bottom clip go into the layout tool and shift it 1 to 5 pixels (depended on how big your dead pixels are) in the y plane
              4. Add a Alpha Custom Map to the to clip and drag it all the way out for that clip, double click it in the property window and click on Ahpha Map and load in the mask that you made in Photoshop, go to keyframe and set it at 50 for the begining and end of the keyframe.
              Done, What you have done is using the mask to show video of the good pixel right next to the dead pixel, since it is only a few pixel away, it is hard to tell, I think this is the same way built in camera mask out dead pixel by using the good pixel right next to the dead one. If you have a whole timeline full of dead pixel, I would just open a new sequence and add the original sequence and put one on top of another apply mask to the whole sequence. The Key here is the mask have to be right in Photoshop, if it is no one will know that you have a dead pixel.

Comment

pixel fix

thanks a lot khoi, im going to have a go if im not succssesful ill come back to you for the mask
                kind regards phil c

Comment

Working...
                X