Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista x64 SP2

Hi,

Has anyone downloaded and installed SP2 for Vista and had a happy experience with Edius?

I'm doubtful anything of any use is coming out of SP2 (within the editing arena) other than blu ray support but most of us have that anyway with third party applications.

I have heard that the new Windows search installed with SP2 can cause performance hits due to the SQL database increasing to rediculous size very rapidly.

Any feedback?

Mark
    Main Editing System: Sinclair ZX81 0.75Mhz chip (Overclocked to 12Ghz), Liquid Nitrogen Cooled. 48k of RAM, Compact Cassette tape drive (9600 baud), 4" B&W monitor. No keyboard - all input by thought transfer from a colander on my head. Gives me 180 layers of 4k in real time (all with 3D PIP added) and can encode and burn a 2 hour Blu Ray in just under 12 seconds. Custom editing chair that floats on magnets 2 feet above the floor. I am also able to travel in time.

Originally posted by Dry Biscuit View Post
    Any feedback?

Mark
    Feedback? Yes, there is no SP2 yet. At list no final reliese yet. Let's wait for final SP2 and, by the way, for filal Edius 5 too... When I will see Alpha support in Edius, I will say thet I see the reliese version of Edius5. And I will be happy to test ir with final Vista SP2.
    mike
    Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

The rc is availble from windows update if you install the MS script. Or from MS CPP .
      Steve
      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

There is not too many alpha effects and transitions.

Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
        Feedback? Yes, there is no SP2 yet. At list no final reliese yet. Let's wait for final SP2 and, by the way, for filal Edius 5 too... When I will see Alpha support in Edius, I will say thet I see the reliese version of Edius5. And I will be happy to test ir with final Vista SP2.
        mike
        Hi brother Mike, I thought to have the same idea with you that in v 5.0 I didn't find as much alpha transitions and effects as in v 4.6 that I used to use it. In v5 I seemed to find something unstable, it made the system shut down and restart many times as I got it tonight: blue screen occured. Could you please tell me if you have any idea about this v5. I don't know if it's the confict issure? OR the system doesn't meet the v.5? I am running Vista 64 Ultimate sp1, Intel Core 2 Dual 2.4Gh, 4Gb ram, EAH2600 VGA 512 Mb.
        Thanks a lot

Comment

Working fine here. Updated to Vista SP2 on all my machines.

I do recommend a fresh install, if you have time. Slipstream SP2 into Vista.

Microsoft operating systems usually become their best at SP2.

Anyone remember XP Pro when it first came out? Horrible.

Comment

No Problems here as well.

Steve
            Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
              No Problems here as well.

Steve
              it works fine with my machine vista 64 sp 2

Comment

Working...
              X