Smart sound program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
    I can't find it in the Features webpage. Please post the URL link here. Thanks.
    There would be less steps if you could launch SmartSound from inside Edius than running the standalone. E.g. in Edius, set the In/Out points for the length of the track you need, and Smartsound would already have that part done when it is launched. Just select the music style, and the output file could be automatically placed in the Bin, thus also saving the need to import. I recall Premier Pro worked something like this with their plug-in.

Here's the link for voting.
    Last edited by TrackRanger; 02-10-2009, 07:43 AM.
    Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub

Comment

Oh? I didn't know that - will go back and try it it then. Thanks for the tip.
      TingSern
      --------------------------------------
      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
        Oh? I didn't know that - will go back and try it it then. Thanks for the tip.
        Hi Tingsern. Maybe my message wasn't clear. There would be less steps if such a plug-in is made available...
        Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub

Comment

Okay - I get your point now. Yes - of course, that's why we want the Smartsound plugin in the first place. Otherwise, it will be pretty tedious just to extract one piece of music.
          TingSern
          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

I think guys we will be pushing it for this plugin, but hey it's worth a try and would be great to have.

Steve
            Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Not sure how "loud" our voice can be - but, I have approached Smartsounds more than once already ... each time, their reply was "Canopus was the bottleneck".
              TingSern

Comment

Originally posted by GuyS View Post
                I've used SmartSound for a few years now and have an extensive library of their music. This is a great app for video. It makes scoring music so easy. Although I used to use Avid Liquid (and it has a plug in for SmartSound), I still preferred to use the stand alone version with all of it's features and control. I can't really see the advantage of the plug in. It so easy to export a wav file and just bring it into the bin in Eduis. If you want to score to the video then bringing in a low res video to SmartSound is just as easy and quick.
                I guess my stint working in radio many years ago helped me with my backtiming abilities. The plugin would be useful, yes, but would take time from GV or whoever ends up owning them in development of basic functions that Edius requires.....i.e., full alpha support. I realize that to get full alpha support a complete rewrite is required. But, it would be nice if GV concentrated on the engine rather than the stereo system for a change.
                That said, I did vote for the plugin a long time ago.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com
                If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Jerry, I can't disagree but Edius's weak point is audio. Like others I have spoken with Smartsound (I reviewed their product) and understand the amount of work to creat a plug-in is not huge, this is more a battle for ownership and profit sharing.

Comment

That explains why when I asked Smartsound, they said "Canopus is not interested" ....
                    TingSern

Comment

You got it, this is what they have said to us all.

Steve
                      Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Working...
                      X