• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new title/font program

should work with edius. looks pretty cool:

http://www.digitaljuice.com/products...ts.asp?pid=862

dano

I ordered these. I'll see what they do in a week or so.

Comment

According to the faq it is very limited
      Steve
      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
        According to the faq it is very limited
        Limited how?

Comment

You are not buying 1300 fonts, in essence you are buying a ‘paint program’ that has build in 35 font families that can be customised 1300 ways. The output is (at max 2K x 2K pixels) graphic file (png, jpeg, targa, tiff, psd and bmp). So you can’t use it as a font in your word processor. Each time you want to modify the output, you will need to ‘render’ a new file.
          Rob

Comment

That is one limitation.
            And if you have client fonts it look like you can't bring them in.
            You can't use system fonts on which you may have designs build.
            It does not Plugin to EDIUS so you are better off using After Effect for which you may already have zaxwerks.

That and the post before mine make me believe it is limited.
            Ah and they also recommended after effects for animating.
            You also need to bring in Photoshop to prepare for animation.
            So why would you want it?

It look likes a 1/4 titler that depends on other apps to do anything serious. But that's just me.
            Maybe if you do weddings you could use it.
            Last edited by SRsupport; 02-01-2009, 01:43 AM.
            Steve
            EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
              Limited how?
              I saw that too Pat. I decided to hold off because of having to create everything in the juicer.
              The Juicer takes too much time and if you have to reload everything from scratch ( I have never been able to get the catalogue rebuild to work) it just takes a lot of wasted time. I was hoping for something a little 'slicker' from DJ.
              At this point you are 1 of 400 people who have order the first 500 units.
              Let us know how it works. The fonts do look interesting.
              I know that they have been working on this for quite some time.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I just wish Digital Juice would release something like the animfonts they used to produce for the Video Toaster. DJ was real creative in those days :)

Comment

I use some of their Jump backs for weddings, in which I have them saved to the format that I want, i.e 1440x1080 16:9 Pal. I then uninstalled the juicer, didn't like it at all, always wanted to download the catalogue files everytime I started it.

Steve
                  Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
                    I use some of their Jump backs for weddings, in which I have them saved to the format that I want, i.e 1440x1080 16:9 Pal. I then uninstalled the juicer, didn't like it at all, always wanted to download the catalogue files everytime I started it.

Steve
                    I have a lot of DJ products. Do exactly what I want them to do. When the files are loaded into the Juicer and it is working.... no problem. Just can't get it to reload everything. It would make more sense to have all of the products on a seperate hard drive and render from there. Juicer won't work that way.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com
                    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

These are reasons why Jerry that I removed the juicer, as I said I just use a few jump backs that I converted to what I want and have saved them to a HD.

Steve
                      Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                        I have a lot of DJ products. Do exactly what I want them to do. When the files are loaded into the Juicer and it is working.... no problem. Just can't get it to reload everything. It would make more sense to have all of the products on a seperate hard drive and render from there. Juicer won't work that way.
                        Actually Jerry they will. I am working on that right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
                          That is one limitation.
                          And if you have client fonts it look like you can't bring them in.
                          You can't use system fonts on which you may have designs build.
                          It does not Plugin to EDIUS so you are better off using After Effect for which you may already have zaxwerks.

That and the post before mine make me believe it is limited.
                          Ah and they also recommended after effects for animating.
                          You also need to bring in Photoshop to prepare for animation.
                          So why would you want it?

It look likes a 1/4 titler that depends on other apps to do anything serious. But that's just me.
                          Maybe if you do weddings you could use it.
                          I asked DH about plug-in's ( specifically Graffitti and TM) last week...
                          "Currently only in Juicer as there is currently no way to show this type of full color font as a system font. We are planning to write plugins for easier integration with other apps."

I seriously doubt they'll ever do a plugin for Edius, they'll cater to the FCP / PP crowd.

Half the titles I do now are thru PS anyway, then import them into TMP, so that's not that big an issue.

up until a couple of weeks ago, I really had no interest in the 'fonts', but some the the images posted in the past week peaked my interest.

BTW I believe it will also export as a layered PSD's
                          John Sirb
                          Lake Breeze Video Lorain,OH
                          --------------------
                          SYS 1: Edius 9, Vistitle 2.5, Boris Red,Neat Video, Gigabyte Z170x G5, I7 6700K 4.0Mz Skylake, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB x2, NVIDIA QUARTO 2000

JVC HM-100,JVC HM-700, JVC HM-600, Canon 80D

Comment

Working...
                          X