X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shueardm
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    The plus on the Decklink is it will run in either a Mac or PC. The Xena is strickly PC and the Kona cards are for the Mac. I do like the hardware cross conversion on the Xena/Kona cards. Of the two cards, I feel the AJA cards are built better.
    Hi Jerry

Actually, that is not correct. the XENA and the KONA cards are exactly the same and either will run on a Mac and either will run on a PC, it's just a branding thing.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    It would be nice if GV made a competitor to the Matrox MX02 mini with MAX option too. I think the Matrox MX02 mini is a good concept and a GV unit with hardware conversion to HQ would be great. Like a HDstorm and bay control in an external box!! For the price the MX02 mini with MAX ( fast convert for H264) is very interesting.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by shueardm View Post
    yes but I'd prefer the Xena with hardware down, up and cross conversion, plus single board design, both would be a good idea.
    The plus on the Decklink is it will run in either a Mac or PC. The Xena is strickly PC and the Kona cards are for the Mac. I do like the hardware cross conversion on the Xena/Kona cards. Of the two cards, I feel the AJA cards are built better.

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    yes but I'd prefer the Xena with hardware down, up and cross conversion, plus single board design, both would be a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by shueardm View Post
    I'll be looking at getting the new AJA Xena LHi with HDMI + analog + SDI. It's got the lot for very good price on a single PCB, capture uncompresed then use a HDSpark to preview with EDIUS. real pitty that GV has no such solution, too slow to adapt to the markets needs are TGV.
    The Decklink Extreme 3 has all that plus 3gbs and Dual link now...all for list of $975. Capturing with this card to 10bit or 8bit uncompressed or MJPEG, and using the spark to preview, is much as I have been doing with my Intensity Pro for the last couple of years. I like the quality of the captures and the editing through 4.61 and my NX. I only wish GV would open up use of the Decklink or Xena cards for Edius.

Leave a comment:

• NakedEye
    replied
    This is a great option Mark....we have been thinking along the same lines for some customers.....as yet have done no testing.

Regards

Dave

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    I'll be looking at getting the new AJA Xena LHi with HDMI + analog + SDI. It's got the lot for very good price on a single PCB, capture uncompresed then use a HDSpark to preview with EDIUS. real pitty that GV has no such solution, too slow to adapt to the markets needs are TGV.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    No changes AFAIK

Leave a comment:

• LightPrism
    replied
    Has there been any changes with this issue?

Can one use a BlackMagic card to monitor output from an Edius timeline?

Leave a comment:

• LightPrism
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    Not quite so. With the later versions, you can run the software with those boards installed.

Though as has always been the case, you cannot use the hardware directly within the EDIUS software. Whether this will change, remains to be seen.
    That's cool Kenneally... no longer have to disable the card(s) in Device Mgr.
    Thank you GV.

Sorry for the mis-info - I need to come here more often to keep up.

Hopefully the powers to be will decide to allow these other cards to work inside Edius.

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    John

Thank's John, I thought so, I checked out the BlackMagic site and couldn't find any drivers for Edius.

cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• redgum
    replied
    Steve, the answer is NO and NO. The BM card will certainly capture HD, analogue, uncompressed with its own capture utility but not directly into Edius. Edius can import the files after capture. And no, Edius will not use the BM card for output as there are no Edius drivers available.

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    Will it work

So if you have Edius 4.61 installed as a OHCI (software only) it will work?
    Does this mean you can capture in Edius through this card, will Edius see it?
    and can you out put from Edius through this card? After you install the Blackmagic software Drivers ect and you go into Edius to capture footage will it give you the Blackmagic option for capture? i.e 1080i ect. As they show on there site with premiere.

Cheers
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by skraja View Post
    hi

im thinking of getting the above card to get uncompressed hd into edius, does anyone know whether grass valley will be producing there own hd sdi/hdmi capture card to work with edius, it will be worth the wait.

whether edius 5 will include 10 bit uncompressed hd? or ami dreamimg

thanks

raja
    That card has everything. Analogue, HDSDI and HDMI all on a 1 slot 2 space card. If you are just using Edius software only, you can bring in either the uncompressed or MJPEG version into Edius and it will work. Albeit, 8bit.
    I am also considering this card to replace my Intensity Pro.

The Edius HDsdi card is a good card but dated. Newer technologies have emerged since this thing went into action with the turnkey for the $40,000
    price tag. I think they would have sold more of the cards as an OEM product, but, that is another story.
    We have asked, for many years, for an affordable HDSDI and 10bit option.
    So, get in line with the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by LightPrism View Post
    Unfortunately, Edius will not run if a BM or AJA card is detected in the workstation at this time.
    Not quite so. With the later versions, you can run the software with those boards installed.

Though as has always been the case, you cannot use the hardware directly within the EDIUS software. Whether this will change, remains to be seen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X