Crucial SSD query?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crucial SSD query?

Is anyone using a BX500. I got one last week and cloned a C drive and it appears that the HD LED works in reverse to the WD500, in that it is constantly ON and only flashes when there is activity, as opposed to being OFF and flashes when there is activity​. Can anyone confirm? My drives are in caddies so easy to swap over. I am confused as I thought the drive controller on the MB would produce the same results - perhaps not.​

Originally posted by miawilson
    Hi

I have a Crucial M4 SSD that has just less than a year left on its 3-year warranty.

It failed last week (as in not recognized in bios) and I get the feeling from Crucial support that they're not obligated to repair or replace it despite the warranty being current. They've said that they're willing to give me the current fair market value of £19.66.

Has anyone had experience with Crucial warranty and what can I realistically expect?

Many thanks​
    Legally, if you have warranty left on anything, the manufacturer is obligated to repair or replace the item with the same item or one of equal or greater value, at their expense. You are liable for shipping to them and they are liable for shipping back to you. No manufacturer will do what you are saying because they can be sued for breach of contract, (the warranty is considered a contract with the purchaser), so you are either not understanding, or this is another one the the posts like I have seen from you on other threads, in that it is fictitious, especially considering every post you place lists you as a new user with 1 post.

Maybe time for the Pat or Steve to look into this user.
    Last edited by BernH; 09-24-2022, 01:55 PM.
    Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.6.0, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Originally posted by miawilson
      Hi

I have a Crucial M4 SSD that has just less than a year left on its 3-year warranty.

It failed last week (as in not recognized in bios) and I get the feeling from Crucial support that they're not obligated to repair or replace it despite the warranty being current. They've said that they're willing to give me the current fair market value of £19.66.

Has anyone had experience with Crucial warranty and what can I realistically expect?

Many thanks​
      ​Not actually sure why you are replying as the nonsense you are posting is in no way relevant to my post.​

To answer your question, Yes. I had a problem with a Crucial Drive. Within an hour of reporting, the man from Dominos Pizza arrived on a Moped with a 24" Pizza, a replacement drive, an enormous bouquet of flowers for my wife and two premium price tickets for Hamilton, including a Limo to take us there and pre show dinner at the Cafe Royal. I thought this was appalling customer service as the Pizza had pineapple on it.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post
        Is anyone using a BX500. I got one last week and cloned a C drive and it appears that the HD LED works in reverse to the WD500, in that it is constantly ON and only flashes when there is activity, as opposed to being OFF and flashes when there is activity​. Can anyone confirm? My drives are in caddies so easy to swap over. I am confused as I thought the drive controller on the MB would produce the same results - perhaps not.​
        Dave,

I have at 4 crucial SSD drives. 2 are MX500's, one is an M550, and the last is a BX500. One MX500 is my current OS drive, and the other is not used right this minute, but will be my new OS drive as I start to migrate to Win10 from Win7. The MX550 is not in use, but the BX500 is the OS drive for my linux NAS/Server setup. In all cases though, when the drives have been used, the system HDD activity LED behaves normally.

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post

​Not actually sure why you are replying as the nonsense you are posting is in no way relevant to my post.​

To answer your question, Yes. I had a problem with a Crucial Drive. Within an hour of reporting, the man from Dominos Pizza arrived on a Moped with a 24" Pizza, a replacement drive, an enormous bouquet of flowers for my wife and two premium price tickets for Hamilton, including a Limo to take us there and pre show dinner at the Cafe Royal. I thought this was appalling customer service as the Pizza had pineapple on it.
        I have to say, I would be mortified with that level of customer service and support too. (Us folks here in Newfoundland, while part of Canada, are only removed from British rule since 1949, and tend to have a very "Brittish" sense of humour, so I found this very entertaining) ​
        Last edited by BernH; 09-24-2022, 02:11 PM.
        Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.6.0, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Working...
        X