Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intensity pro 4k

Hi all,
    I installed an intensity 4k pro card to work on a project from vhs,for a friend (no good deed goes unpunished)...now edius 10 does not play the sound through my speakers. I do see the meter moving with sound though.
    Can you please help me?
    Thanks
    Dano

I don't have Edius X, but if it is like all previous Edius versions, it has to have the IP4k configured as a preview device and the audio will go through the IP4k, not the computer speakers.

You need to listen to the audio from the IP4k outputs. That can be from the analog outs or the HDMI through a TV/Monitor. While I don't program Edius, I assume the rationale for this, as with most NLE's, is so the sound is in sync with your video monitor, not your computer screen, as there usually a couple of frames difference in timing of the two due to processing delays of the IP4k and the TV/Monitor.

I don't know your equipment setup, but most TVs and video monitors have an audio output jack also that you can use to feed your speakers for perfect sync with the video monitor. You can als extract audio from the HDMI with a de-embedder or an HDMI capable audio amp and stereo speakers.

Personally I feed my KRK monitors with he analog outs of my matrox I/O via a samson c-control (not made any more, but an ART SCC is the closest, you can also use a small desktop mixer) and did the same when I had an IP4k in there. The C-Control also takes my computer audio in so regardless of the software being used, the sound comes from my KRK's. My video monitor is an old sony pro monitor that has extremely fast processing so there is no noticeable A/V sync issues, but if the monitor was slower, I would take the audio out of it through the C-Control instead of direct from the IP4k
    Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.6.0, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Thank you Bern. I will continuous it. It plays perfectly when I uninstall the I4k...i get it...Thanks
      Dano

Comment

As Bern says you have to listen to the sound out of the Intensity some how when the picture comes out of it. What I generally do is to take the analogue out of the Intensity and plug it to the line in on the sound card, then set the computer to "listen to" the sound from the line in.
        The other possibility its that with some of the recent Blackmagic drivers I was not getting any sound out of the analogue connections on the Intensity Pro 4K. I was sticking with 11.5.1 as that worked but I have just tried 12.2.2 and EDIUS 10.3 and I am getting sound out of the analogue connections with this set up.
        EDIUS silver certified trainer.
        Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Thank you both. I really appreciate your help.
          Dano

Comment

Working...
          X