Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About EDIUS using 11th igpu poor performance and 12th igpu crashes problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About EDIUS using 11th igpu poor performance and 12th igpu crashes problem.

I seem to have found the problem in this article,Maybe this is the solution.

The general idea is:
    Premiere uses OpenCL interface uhd750 / 770 hardware decoding,It has decoding performance similar to that of Apple M1. If you use DXVA, performance will be terrible and crash.

This is a Chinese article
    https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/429513911
    CPU:AMD R9 5950X GPU:GTX1050 MEM: Micron 4G DDR4 2400x4
    motherboard:ASrock X570 matx
    SSD:intel p3600 sata HDD: HGST 8Tx5 raid0
    Power:Great Wall EPS2000BL 2000W
    OS WIN10 20H2

Not sure if you noticed but a new update came out today where GV acknowledges issues with 11/12 gen INTEL cpu's causing instability and freezing. That should mean they are looking into it.

Comment

Originally posted by noafilm View Post
      Not sure if you noticed but a new update came out today where GV acknowledges issues with 11/12 gen INTEL cpu's causing instability and freezing. That should mean they are looking into it.
      Hello, I tested it. This version does not solve any problems, but it is a known problem in the release notes.
      I was informed by EDIUS support that Intel did not release 12th SDK.

I doubt this is a commercial interest. Only Adobe Premiere uses the 12th SDK, which has very good performance. Intel is unreliable. EDIUS should turn to AMD and NVIDIA Decoder
      OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

here is what it says in the known issues of today's release

Anton-01668.png
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

The main question here should be. How did GV manage to release 10.3 with a key function of SDK compatibility with Intel 11th Gen and 12th Gen and Edius has immediately not had any performance improvements with QuickSync as the best case scenario and with the worst case scenario that it’s broken even further. Seriously, how do these issues find their way to the release? How can GV possibly advertise improvements that quite clearly do not exists and in certain instances have made things worse.

As for the workarounds.

Stop using a hardware function on 11 Gen that’s integral to many workflows that use H.264/5 and something that wasn’t broken. Either that, or, stop using that one component in your PC that likely costs more than the rest of your PC, your NVIDIA GPU.

On 12th Gen it’s pretty much the same, stop using the hardware decoder.

As for GV admitting that Edius does not use 12th Gen efficiently, with the workaround of changing the power mode. Given the other issues with 12th Gen, the efficiency workaround almost seems a moot point.

Overall, these are not workarounds. A workaround would be something that gets you to the same place, just by a different route.

Once again. What has actually been done to test these “so called” updates before GV brought them to market? These issues must have been very clear when GV where testing the update before release.

Whether you use 11th or 12th Gen Intel, or not. Every Edius user should be very concerned with what’s going on. This obvious lack of quality control and checks for the updates and disruption to a users ability to work efficiently with Edius, should be of great concern to every Edius user.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

As for 11 12th IGPU, no player or NLE software has a new SDK except Adobe.Maybe it's business interests,Intel only provides Opencl decoder api to Adobe.
            So far, DaVinci, Vegas, PowerDVD, Potplayer, WMPlayer ......There are exactly the same problems.
            Edius long ago should have used AMD and NVIDIA decoders,Intel betrayed EDIUS.
            OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
              here is what it says in the known issues of today's release

Anton-01668.png
              EDIUS Chinese version is worth 3500RMB in China and can only activate one computer, which is much more expensive than abroad. I am very disappointed at present.
              OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

So if I am reading this correctly if you have a high powered modern CPU from Intel or AMD including high power GPU's EDIUS has no hardware decode ? Is that really competitive when the free version of Resolve now has hardware decode?
                Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

With 11th gen you get QS support but it is not as good as it should be. If you have an nVidia card as well as QS it can causes crashes. I have not yet tested 12th Gen CPUS.
                  EDIUS silver certified trainer.
                  Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                  Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
                  Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post
                    So if I am reading this correctly if you have a high powered modern CPU from Intel or AMD including high power GPU's EDIUS has no hardware decode ? Is that really competitive when the free version of Resolve now has hardware decode?
                    Yes Ron, you’re reading this correctly.

When I looked at the release notes I couldn’t believe what GV were saying was wrong and I was completely floored by their “workarounds”.

I’m still trying to work out which is the worst workaround, switch off your hardware decoder (which up to this point has worked to a degree in the sense that something is better than nothing), or take your Nvidia GPU out of the equation.

So yes, in effect, for certain Edius setups there is no hardware decoding and by extension if you’ve switched that off, you’ve got no hardware encoding.

Maybe we now know why GV included a software H.265 encoder in this latest release.

As to your question about competitiveness. This is very poor timing on GV’s part when your biggest competitor (user base wise) is, as you’ve rightly pointed out, delivering on your missing features with software that was already offering way more functionality than Edius anyway and for free. Seriously, all those better functions, colouring, audio/mixing, titling etc. and maybe the worst of the lot for GV, that free software has now surpassed Edius in the ability of codec compatibility.

Cheers,
                    Dave.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      As for 11 12th IGPU, no player or NLE software has a new SDK except Adobe.Maybe it's business interests,Intel only provides Opencl decoder api to Adobe.
                      So far, DaVinci, Vegas, PowerDVD, Potplayer, WMPlayer ......There are exactly the same problems.
                      Edius long ago should have used AMD and NVIDIA decoders,Intel betrayed EDIUS.
                      I do not think Intel's focus is on the NLE marketplace. Much more concerned about loosing share to AMD for the gaming and business market. However decode is important in this marketplace and that is where AMD and NVIDIA for Windows are key players in all the NLE's ( except EDIUS ). One has to consider that for NLE's there is also the Apple segment that EDIUS or Vegas do not play in at all. Adobe and Resolve do however play in both OS systems. So users can move to the system that is better at any time with little change to their workflow. Which is the case now with I think users moving from Windows to the new Mac computers for their performance.
                      Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post

I do not think Intel's focus is on the NLE marketplace. Much more concerned about loosing share to AMD for the gaming and business market. However decode is important in this marketplace and that is where AMD and NVIDIA for Windows are key players in all the NLE's ( except EDIUS ). One has to consider that for NLE's there is also the Apple segment that EDIUS or Vegas do not play in at all. Adobe and Resolve do however play in both OS systems. So users can move to the system that is better at any time with little change to their workflow. Which is the case now with I think users moving from Windows to the new Mac computers for their performance.

Ediusx has been released for more than a year, but it still doesn't support amd NVIDIA decoder. When it was released, it promised to support it in the future, but now it only replied that they have a plan, but they didn't take action

You said is very correct. Computers have many uses,NLE is only a few users, EDIUS has almost no users under the age of 30 around me.If EDIUS does not support AMD and NVIDIA video card decoder in the next six months, I will transfer the software at a low price.
                        Three sets of software can only activate three users. The treatment of Chinese users is really special and very expensive (Pro Ver.),Total Value 10000 RMB (approximately US $1600). workgroup version needs to be purchased with the agent's workstation,A poorly configured computer costs 120000 RMB.

Spent a lot of money suffering,Because my father is older, he has no energy to learn new NLE, otherwise I would have used other NLE.If EDIUS were $100 software, I wouldn't ask too much, but it's $550.
                        OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpool TV View Post

Yes Ron, you’re reading this correctly.

When I looked at the release notes I couldn’t believe what GV were saying was wrong and I was completely floored by their “workarounds”.

I’m still trying to work out which is the worst workaround, switch off your hardware decoder (which up to this point has worked to a degree in the sense that something is better than nothing), or take your Nvidia GPU out of the equation.

So yes, in effect, for certain Edius setups there is no hardware decoding and by extension if you’ve switched that off, you’ve got no hardware encoding.

Maybe we now know why GV included a software H.265 encoder in this latest release.

As to your question about competitiveness. This is very poor timing on GV’s part when your biggest competitor (user base wise) is, as you’ve rightly pointed out, delivering on your missing features with software that was already offering way more functionality than Edius anyway and for free. Seriously, all those better functions, colouring, audio/mixing, titling etc. and maybe the worst of the lot for GV, that free software has now surpassed Edius in the ability of codec compatibility.

Cheers,
                          Dave.
                          frame loss mode is that I ask them to update to improve the performance,10.00 to 10.30 only this function I think is useful.

I think EDIUS they should change planner. An interesting thing,When Raja worked at AMD, AMD's graphics card was very bad. After Raja left, AMD's graphics card became very powerful; Raja now works in Intel graphics card department and gave birth to uhd750 770
                          OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

NLE is only a few users, EDIUS has almost no users under the age of 30 around me.
                            My main profession is to shoot weddings and I often get the question from photographers what NLE I use and I still have to come across one who knows what Edius is :) and I use edius since version 5.

Comment

In the meantime, I have upgraded from i7-11700 to i9-12900K CPU (Windows 11, Edius 10.3).
                              Mostly I use H256 10Bit HLG files from Panasonic G9.

What is the impact of the upgrade?

What I can say is that rendering time is exactly the same as before the upgrade. For a 5 min clip rendering time with Quicksync is 7,5 min.
                              The difference is that with i7-11700 CPU usage was 25%, now it is only 12% or so.

When I use NVENC export with my GTX1650 videocard, the export time is a little bit faster with 7-7,5 min. The pixel errors now are gone which I was suffering with i7-11700 and NVENC.

When I use the software decoder with version 10.3, the export time is 24 (!) min, factor 3!. So there is still a great advantage in hardware encoding.
                              CPU usage was 30% with maximum Windows 11 power settings on.

Regarding the quality of the export file I cannot see any quality differences when pixel peeping.

I never had I crash during the last weeks although working with a project with 100GB data.

So all this is not a desaster for me.

But is increasingly annoying to invest hundreds of bucks in new hardware only to see that there will be no performance improvement at all.

It is crystal clear that there serious compatibility issues and I would like to know when they are going to be solved.

Whom can someone ask at GV, because in this forum nobody seems to know anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X