Edius X 10.3 no H.265 improvement on Intel 11th Gen UHD 750 iGPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius X 10.3 no H.265 improvement on Intel 11th Gen UHD 750 iGPU

Just tried 10.3 and there's no difference in performance with Intel's UHD 750 running H.265 compared with the last version of Edius 10.2 so no performance gains what so ever with 10.3.

I also installed the latest Intel graphics driver as of today 09/12/2021 and no difference.

What's more, I've read the release notes and not seen any GV recommendation for graphics drivers for either Gen 11 or Gen 12 Intel iGPUs for Edius 10.3. The lack of recommendation for a graphics driver is quite ominous.

https://youtu.be/hf2qitlD4p8

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

I see a minor improvement in playback on my amd system, with 10.2 it struggled a bit when starting to play your file with preview quality in a 4K 10 bit project set to "full" and with 10.3 it doesn't anymore, starts playing right away without stutter, the buffer doesn't fill up completely though, it only fills the buffer completely with preview quality set at 8 bit.

For someone who claims "intel" is better then "amd" for edius you sure do complain a lot about intel performing so poor ;) It only has been smooth sailing so far for me on my 5950x.

Comment

I think you are the exception Noa. Certainly not true for me editing UHD 60P.
      Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Did you try latest update? EDIUS Update 10.31.8487

Comment

Originally posted by lukboruta View Post
          Yes. I'm still having problems, just as others on Intel are.

Ironically, if you look at the earlier comment by Noa where he said "For someone who claims "intel" is better then "amd" for edius you sure do complain a lot about intel performing so poor ;) It only has been smooth sailing so far for me on my 5950x." His situation has changed since the last update and he's had enough issues that it's meant he's had to go back to an earlier version. So, even those on AMD who thought it was smooth sailing, are now suffering issues just like Intel users do.

Try getting in touch with either GV or Edius support at Edius.net and ask them to give you the exact specifications for a stable hardware platform for Edius. That will tell you everything you need to know.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

As I have said in other threads, I am having very good success so far with the latest EDIUS X and the 12th Gen 12900K. In general it seems the 12th gen is better off than the 11th gen CPU's.
            1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

This igpu problem was first discovered by me in February last year. Until today, edius10 31. This problem still exists. Even more incredible is that edius10 31 unable to decode braw using GPU. There are more and more problems.
              CPU:AMD R9 5950X GPU:GTX1050 MEM: Micron 4G DDR4 2400x4
              motherboard:ASrock X570 matx
              SSD:intel p3600 sata HDD: HGST 8Tx5 raid0
              Power:Great Wall EPS2000BL 2000W
              OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

So now there is bad time for edius again. I remember problems with 8 or 9 version that I couldn't work at all ... Huge issues with clips on timeline. Now incompatibility with new processors of Intel.

The fact Radeons doesn't have QS for playback or export h264 files is a problem for users AMD processors?

Comment

So now there is bad time for edius again. I remember problems with 8 or 9 version that I couldn't work at all ... Huge issues with clips on timeline. Now incompatibility with new processors of Intel.

The fact Radeons doesn't have QS for playback or export h264 files is a problem for users AMD processors?
                  EDIUS promises that AMD NVIDIA encode and decoder will be added in the future version. At that time, you are considering upgrading ediusx. At present, they have not fulfilled their commitments

If you want a fast editing experience, use an AMD processor; If fast export is required, the UHD630 is the best choice( 5900X +UHD630 is the best choice, but this is unrealistic.)
                  CPU:AMD R9 5950X GPU:GTX1050 MEM: Micron 4G DDR4 2400x4
                  motherboard:ASrock X570 matx
                  SSD:intel p3600 sata HDD: HGST 8Tx5 raid0
                  Power:Great Wall EPS2000BL 2000W
                  OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

There appears to be little difference between AMD and an Intel Multi CPU Multi core, my system 4 is dual 18 core.

It's strange I can play CBR HEVC and H264 files but not VBR UHD and iPhone 12 HEVC UHD 50P will not play at all at any resolution , Edius software seems to get lost without Quicksync.

What is the experience with AMD playing back these files as there is no Intel Quick Sync there either.

Mike
                    Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Working...
                    X