Edius X H.265 Intel 11th Gen UHD 750 PT1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius X H.265 Intel 11th Gen UHD 750 PT1

This is the first part of a two part test to see how Edius X is handling H.265 when using an Intel 11th Gen CPU with UHD 750. The second part will be the exact same project and source media file tested on the next version of Edius X, V10.3?, to see what the uplift is like.

Media and project download https://www.mediafire.com/file/yll59..._TEST.zip/file

https://youtu.be/ufjsYeLjIFM
    Last edited by Liverpool TV; 12-01-2021, 07:20 AM.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Hello, David, do you know the specific release period of EDIUS 10.30?
    CPU:AMD R9 5950X GPU:GTX1050 MEM: Micron 4G DDR4 2400x4
    motherboard:ASrock X570 matx
    SSD:intel p3600 sata HDD: HGST 8Tx5 raid0
    Power:Great Wall EPS2000BL 2000W
    OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      Hello, David, do you know the specific release period of EDIUS 10.30?
      Hi Bob.

Sorry, no. As I understand it, the release is already late and the last thing I remember is that it was supposed to be released before the end of the year.

Are you using Edius 10 Workgroup?

If you get time could you try the file in the download for this project and see which of your setups it works with.

Cheers,
      Dave.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Comment

• 363596694@qq.com
        [email protected] commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't have a workgroup version. I'm a professional version. I don't need to test, because I know that the occupation rate of uhd750 decode will not exceed 30%。If there is no independent graphics card, the occupancy rate will be slightly higher.At present, the decoding performance is only one third of that of uhd630.

For what it's worth, it plays fine on my 5950x, only with preview set to full it struggles at the start then builds buffer to around 7-8 and then appears to play without stutter, setting preview resolution at full 8 bit it slowly builds the buffer untill it's full, no playback issues there. The processor is only being used about 50% and the GPU 25%.

Comment

Originally posted by noafilm View Post
        For what it's worth, it plays fine on my 5950x, only with preview set to full it struggles at the start then builds buffer to around 7-8 and then appears to play without stutter, setting preview resolution at full 8 bit it slowly builds the buffer untill it's full, no playback issues there. The processor is only being used about 50% and the GPU 25%.
        Thanks for that. It’ll be interesting to see what GV have done with 10.3 as far as 11th and 12th Gen Intel CPUs/iGPUs are concerned. There may even be updates for discreet GPUs and maybe more optimisation for AMD CPUs. Can’t wait.

Comment

My system plays with buffer varying between 2 and 5 out of 12 so just about playing it. Doesn't seem to matter if it is 10 bit or 8 bit or 1/2 preview resolution. CPU 42% GPU 33%
          Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post
            My system plays with buffer varying between 2 and 5 out of 12 so just about playing it. Doesn't seem to matter if it is 10 bit or 8 bit or 1/2 preview resolution. CPU 42% GPU 33%
            Nice one, Ron, thanks.

It will be interesting to see what 10.3 does. Given that between yourself and Noa, Edius isn't using the full power of your AMD CPUs, which is also the same for Intel CPUs. Maybe we see further utilisation of the processing ability of any host CPU or maybe even the utilisation of discreet GPUs for at least the decoding of timeline assets such as video codecs, like H.265 etc.

Cheers,
            Dave.

Comment

Working...
            X