X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    pyfung68

• pyfung68
    replied
    Thanks Anton and Jerry quick response and suggestion. I think I would buy a BM min Monitor 4K after my coming two projects closed. Once again thank all of you for your great help.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo

• antonsvideo
    replied
    The BM Mini Monitor card (HD and SD only) will work in any 1x slot
    If you can't get one, I have one in stock

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by pyfung68 View Post
    Thanks Anton for your suggestion. Before purchasing BM min Monitor 4K, I must make sure that would work properly with Z590 board. Has anybody had such experience using it on this new kind board?
    the BM Mini Monitor 4k card will work if placed in slot as marked in attached

Anton-01590.png

Leave a comment:

• Jerry

• Jerry
    replied
    The card is a 6G card and is still being updated by BM. If you are concerned, send an email to black magic design support and they can answer that question. They are fairly quick with responding.

You should look through your mobo manual and find the voltage requirements for the pci-e 1X slots. Then compare that to the HD Spark voltage requirements which are: +12V: 0.05A, +3.3V: 0.9A
    Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry; 11-25-2021, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pyfung68

• pyfung68
    replied
    Thanks Anton for your suggestion. Before purchasing BM min Monitor 4K, I must make sure that would work properly with Z590 board. Has anybody had such experience using it on this new kind board?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry

• Jerry
    replied
    I second the Mini Monitor 4K.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I would not be surprised about the card not working in a new mobo

get the BM Mini Monitor 4k (cheap), then you can have progressive and interlaced output up to 4k

Leave a comment:

• pyfung68

• pyfung68
    replied
    This board has 3 PCIE 1X that have been all tested. None supported. HDSpark seems installed normally. On the device manager it shows the driver version: 8.5.0.1851 and the date 2017/3/15 provided by Grass Valley K.K.
    When the HDSpark was first settle down into the slot, the card was recognized and the driver was automaticly installed. As later on crash and blue screen happened, I tried to download the driver from Edius Home. The driver was an very old one ver 1.03, so no way.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry

• Jerry
    replied
    Will neither one of the two bottom PCI-E 1X slots work? You loose one of the PCI-E 1X slots because of the GPU.
    Are the drivers being recognized? Does the HD Spark show up in the device manager? It's been a while since I used Edius 8,
    but did you run the Hardware setup tool? It should be in the Edius folder.

Leave a comment:

• pyfung68

• pyfung68
    replied
    Bad news I try all the other PCIE slots, none of them works. Either immediately blue screen or hang up.

Leave a comment:

• pyfung68

• pyfung68
    replied
    Thanks Antons. I'll try what you suggest.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I am not sure if new PC can handle the old Spark card, try it in a different PCIe slot and see if that works, you may have placed it in a slot that is shared with M.2 etc

Leave a comment:

• pyfung68

• pyfung68
    started a topic HDSPARK crashed wih blue screen on Z590 board

HDSPARK crashed wih blue screen on Z590 board

When I click on HDSPARK on preview device, windows crashed with blue screen. Please help!
    My new built PC configuration:-
    Edius Workgroup 8
    CPU: i5-10400
    Motherboard: Asrock Z590 Extreme WiFi 6E
    Memory Ram : Adata XPG Spectrix D60G RGB (2 x 8GB)
    Display card: No. With on board HDMI
    System Disk: SSD 512G Adata M.2 XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB
    Data Disk: SSD 1T Adata M.2 XPG SX8200 Pro 1T
    System: Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 ( 11)
Working...
X