Older system and edius versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older system and edius versions

Hi all ! long time dvstorm / eduis user from 2008 looking to start editing again. I'm beginning to gather info on new system specs etc. Before I'm ready for that probably will dust off my old PC, capture some old DVCAM tapes and start getting back in the flow.

Edius 5.5
    i7-860 ( I think) 2.6G , 6G triple channel memory
    PnY quardo fx1500
    Windows 7
    Will upgrade to a current SSD drive

what version of Edius should I start back with that's closest to the latest in terms of settings, filters, workflow etc. I only ever captured video with my DVstorm card, what could I use now as a substitute? I might pick up a used one for this, up until what version will it still be recognized? Does Boris Red still plugin to Eduis ?

Win 7 or win 10

Looking forward in getting to know and learn from the community, have a long journey starting from scratch! Thanks

in order to capture DVCAM, you need to get EDIUS 9 as EDIUS X no longer supports DV Capture

I would get Win 10
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
    X