X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Thor

• Thor
    replied
    Sometimes, simply the cable can be the issue. Jiggling it or using a replacement is a good idea, to eliminate that as a cause.

Leave a comment:

• Maurice

• Maurice
    replied
    Thanks for that but Edius is playing games with me. Capture has suddenly returned, I guess from cyberspace. I did nothing new other than swear. Perhaps banging the desk really hard did it. Don't you just love computers!!

Leave a comment:

• Bob Foster

• Bob Foster
    replied
    If you haven’t already tried these here’s a couple additional suggestions.

1) Make sure where you are capturing to has room or is valid/seen by the computer.

2) Have the capture device connected and on.

Reboot computer.

Relaunch Edius

If still unable to record:

Make a new preset device like capture 2 or test.

Good luck and may the zeros and ones be with you.

Leave a comment:

• Maurice

• Maurice
    replied
    My video format was already set to that and the only suggested change to the output tag made no difference at all. Still no red capture bar. I have used somebody's AVDC-55 as a capture device using those same settings on this same desktop and it worked fines so it is only Edius which is at fault. Any more suggestions?.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo

• antonsvideo
    replied
    set video format to 720x576 50i

in output tab, choose "not select"

Leave a comment:

• Maurice

• Maurice
    replied
    Capture device settings attached. Capturing PAL only.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo

• antonsvideo
    replied
    can I see your capture device settings

also, are you capturing PAL or NTSC VHS?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry

• Jerry
    replied
    Verify that the capture device is still seen by windows. Check the device drivers as well.

Leave a comment:

• Maurice

• Maurice
    started a topic Video Capture

Video Capture

I am running Edius 7.53. For some inexplicable reason I can no longer capture video input from external devices, e.g. VHS player. I click on the 'Capture' tag, select input device and the following 'reel number' window. The capture device window opens and plays the input video then when I click on "Capture" (F9) the 'Capture' window opens but the red bar, indicating capture in progress, does not light up. As far as I am aware I am using the same hardware device preset that was entered when capture did work. I don't know what's gone wrong. Looking for suggestions.

Working...
X