Windows 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 11

Hello, I have heard that Edius X does not yet work well with Windows 11, hopefully, there will be an Edius X update soon so that both programs can work properly again.

Regards, James48

It is not validated although I used EDIUS on WIndows 11 and it seemed ok. Then I got bored with Windows 11 that offered nothing new as far as I could see and went back to Windows 10 which I knew worked ok.
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by James48 View Post
      Hello, I have heard that Edius X does not yet work well with Windows 11, hopefully, there will be an Edius X update soon so that both programs can work properly again.

Regards, James48
      at this stage, I would stay clear of Win11 unless you like Macs, it seems a copy of the Mac OS
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

To me it was just Windows 10 with round edges. Maybe there is something under the hood which is better but honest it felt like just the same - so no reason to rush to it, but probably no reason not to have it when things have been tested on it.
        EDIUS silver certified trainer.
        Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Prettier wallpapers and colors, nicer fonts and like David pointed out, the rounded corners, that's what stood out most when looking at a windows 10 vs 11 video on youtube.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I hope Edius X will be made compatible for Windows 11 soon, my files keep getting aborted during export.

For now, I don't like reinstalling Windows 10 and I will wait.

Comment

Why do you think Windows 11 will solve that problem? It is more likely you have drive problems. What drives do you use for source and rendered. Where is the project stored.
              Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post
                Why do you think Windows 11 will solve that problem? It is more likely you have drive problems. What drives do you use for source and rendered. Where is the project stored.
                Thanks,

The drive now is Seagate Ironwolf 10TB

Before it was SSD Card 2TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB with the same problem.

Comment

can you check the reason for export failure in the job mon properties of the failed export
                  Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by James48 View Post

Thanks,

The drive now is Seagate Ironwolf 10TB

Before it was SSD Card 2TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB with the same problem.
                    I assume then you are reading from and writing back to the same drive ? In my experience render failures are often due to insufficient storage somewhere in the chain. Check all your hard drive and make sure none are more than 80% full and have way more than the size of your project file available. I have no idea where EDIUS has its cache or temp folder. I assume it is on the boot drive but I have the project folder set on a fast SSD and always have source on one drive and render to another. Never the same drive.
                    Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                      can you check the reason for export failure in the job mon properties of the failed export
                      Thank you,

Also have made Excluded files in McAfee and in McAfee Firewall with Edius.exe and Edius_Manager.exe

Still, the main reason can be Edius X is not compatible with Windows 11?

See the attachments, please...
                      Attached Files

Comment

you need to exclude Grass Valley folders and not just the exe

any reason for using Macafee? I only use Win10 Defender, never an issue

do you have the Iron Wolf or the Iron Wolf Pro? I personally would not use a single NAS drive for editing

AVP-0376.png
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

you need to exclude Grass Valley folders and not just the exe

any reason for using Macafee? I only use Win10 Defender, never an issue

do you have the Iron Wolf or the Iron Wolf Pro? I personally would not use a single NAS drive for editing

AVP-0376.png
                          Thank you very much,

Here is my HD data: Seagate IronWolf Pro 10TB ST10000NE0008

I think to follow your advice about McAfee, tomorrow morning I will try this, so it's possible to exclude all necessary folders.

I've read before installing Edius X, it's better to shut off Virus scanners and Windows firewalls as well.

I didn't know this, I like to know whether it's better to uninstall Edius X, and reinstall Edius X again as it should be?

Regards, James48

Comment

uninstall Macafee, this will allow Defender take over, then add the exclusions as I shown

then uninstall X without deactivating, then install again
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

uninstall Macafee, this will allow Defender take over, then add the exclusions as I shown

then uninstall X without deactivating, then install again
                              Thank you,

I've followed up all the devices, also the reinstall of Edius X, this time Firewall and Windows Defender switched off, but Edius X - Export is still not working :-(

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X