Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canerozcoban
    commented on 's reply
    You are absolutely right about Apple. Grass Valley doesn't appreciate its potential. Most TV channels in my country were using GV equipment. It stopped updating itself not only as Edius but also as hardware. Currently, most TV channels are renewing their systems using alternative brands.

• 363596694@qq.com
    replied
    11 th、12th igpu processor is not compatible with EDIUS at all. I am the first victim in the forum. Do not buy processors after Intel 10th.

2022 is coming. EDIUS doesn't even support amd NVIDIA GPU decoder.If GPU decoding is not supported in future versions of ediusx, I will completely abandon EDIUS.It may have no funds for development. It has squeezed toothpaste like Intel since edius6.

I have given feedback on this issue for a long time, because EDIUS does not support AMD and NVIDIA GPU decoding. It may support it next year, but it is impossible to achieve it this year. I'm disappointed with ediusx's current performance. Looking at Apple's M1 Max and EDIUS, I feel very frustrated. The engine of EDIUS is really too backward. Compared with edius6, there is no revolutionary change in the overall function.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    Originally posted by canerozcoban View Post
    Hello again everyone. I did a motherboard and cpu upgrade this weekend.I have now had a smooth experience with the Asus TUF Z590-Plus motherboard and I9 10900K processor. My only problem is that I have completed my monthly entitlement for online deactivation.I took some risk by including the SSD with the old operating system in the new system, but I can use it without major problems. I believe that when I get my activation right, I will get healthier performance with a clean system installation.
    Please contact your reseller to see if they can help with the activation issue. You can also try support at EDIUS.net
    (Support - EDIUS)

Leave a comment:

• canerozcoban
    replied
    Hello again everyone. I did a motherboard and cpu upgrade this weekend.I have now had a smooth experience with the Asus TUF Z590-Plus motherboard and I9 10900K processor. My only problem is that I have completed my monthly entitlement for online deactivation.I took some risk by including the SSD with the old operating system in the new system, but I can use it without major problems. I believe that when I get my activation right, I will get healthier performance with a clean system installation.

Leave a comment:

• canerozcoban
    commented on 's reply
    At the moment, I think that the focus of all processor production is based on games. In recent years, the gaming industry has been at the center of sales. Everything is rgb illuminated, even the slogans of the products point to the competition in the game. Even interest in quadro graphics cards has disappeared. We edius users were also very stuck in hardware selection.

• canerozcoban
    commented on 's reply
    12th generation intel processors are really risky for now. I'm considering getting an 11th generation i7 processor, because there's no significant difference between it and the i9. Maybe I can get proper performance from this processor with the upcoming Edius X updates.

• 363596694@qq.com
    replied
    Decode performance of uhd750 is only 1 / 3 11900t of uhd630, 11th igpu performance is very poor.

This time the problem is more serious than i9 11900t, 12th igpu completely abandoning the old SDK.I have Intel i5 12600K processor for a long time. I can clearly tell you that EDIUS X and Da Vinci will use the igpu card and the decoding will crash immediately。I can't disclose too much because there are confidentiality issues.igpu name is uhd770. The codec is still gen12, and the performance has not changed,You will be disappointed when Intel 12th CPU is officially launched.

CPU performance is not much better than AMD.EDIUS should gives priority to NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards to use decode.

My rtx3070ti does not support 4:2:2 decoding
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-16-2021, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I think we're going to have to replace all of the existing hardware in the transition to new systems. Increasing core counts and frequency speeds of processors will require better cooling. Also, I'm currently seeing internal water-cooled graphics card models. Presumably on a new system, the power supply I have will also be insufficient. It will take time for new bios and windows 11 versions to become stable, as well as hardware.

Yes, new hardware will have to be implemented as we go forward. Unfortunately, the market has made it difficult to do this.
    Hybrid AIO GPU models have been available for quite some time. Full on Water Cooling is still the best cooling you will get.
    If you go that route, add around $1,500 US to the price . If you have at least a 1,000 watt PSU, you should be good going forward..
    at least for now.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    It is my go to encoder and to just trim a clip and encode to another format it is the best choice of all I think. Can use all the resource available, CPU and GPU .

Leave a comment:

• canerozcoban
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, this can be useful for small crops. Still, I can't give up on my habits, even for the smallest job, Edius, Premiere or Final Cut is the faster solution for me.

• canerozcoban
    commented on 's reply
    I think we're going to have to replace all of the existing hardware in the transition to new systems. Increasing core counts and frequency speeds of processors will require better cooling. Also, I'm currently seeing internal water-cooled graphics card models. Presumably on a new system, the power supply I have will also be insufficient. It will take time for new bios and windows 11 versions to become stable, as well as hardware. Of course, I wonder how Edius will react to all this.

• Ron Evans
    replied

It looks interesting. I have not come across a converter with LUT support. Thanks for your good advice.
    It is something you could use to do a simple editing complete as it has a timeline editor as well as the normal conversion pages.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    There wasn't a huge performance difference going from DDR3 to DDR4, that's why I'm afraid of the first series.
    Where DDR4 maxes out speed wise, DDR5 picks up and carries it. You are correct about the switch from DDR3 to DDR4 being a bit underwhelming.
    That will not be the case with the switch to DDR5.

As far as going with the first version of any CPU, it's a risky move. That is coupled with a lot of new tech in this platform.
    The 12900k itself, DDR5, PCI-E 5.0-when 5.0 drives are released it will be a major jump in throughput speeds, and the Hardware Guided Scheduler that works with Windows 11 software scheduler for the P and E cores of the CPU.

My concern is the availability of AIO coolers that are out of the box ready to install on the Z690 motherboards.

Intel knows the world is watching, particularly it's investors.

Leave a comment:

• canerozcoban
    replied
    Originally posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
    I am still using edius 7 on a pc that was build in 2013 and it work great! but I can't play h.265 files in E7. my work around is I use Video Conversion / Encoding - TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 (pegasys-inc.com) to convert the file. and the great thing is that I can color grade the clips before exporting. its a Very handy tool to have. worth a look.
    It looks interesting. I have not come across a converter with LUT support. Thanks for your good advice.

Leave a comment:

• canerozcoban
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    Yes, Anton does have a powerful system. However, he does not have an H.265 decoder onboard. When and if GV adds GPU assist, it should include H.265 decode and playback which will enhance the performance on non 'K' chip systems.
    Your 6700k is way underpowered (as is my 4790k) for working with H.265 files. The 9th, 10th, and 11th generation Intel 'K' series chips do work quite well with H.265 files.
    Each generation improved upon the performance of the decode.
    The one H.265 file stream that does wreak havoc on all NLE's is the H.265 file from the Canon 705 series.

The Alder Lake 12900K may be an answer. It's hard to make a judgement on pre-release benchmarks though. It does have an improved GPU module, so
    H.265 performance more than likely will be improved.

One of the best things that GV could do to improve Edius X is to add GPU assist with NVDEC . The 3070/3080 cards are capable of the full line of HEVC codecs.
    4:2:0/4:2:2 8bit to 12bit in both.

Even with a great decoder, the best experience will still be with an intra frame codec.

AMD produces very powerful and high-core processors, but thanks to Edius' single-core performance and QS support, Intel seems indispensable for now. I also wonder what kind of advantages the 12th generation processors will come with. However, it is thought-provoking in terms of cost that it will be switched to DDR5 ram. There wasn't a huge performance difference going from DDR3 to DDR4, that's why I'm afraid of the first series.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X