No announcement yet.

Edius X and non-fluent timeline experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edius X does support H.265. However, a newer system is required to get the most out of it.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      Edius X does support H.265. However, a newer system is required to get the most out of it.
      Yes, it supports theoretically, but in practice it does not provide a fluent experience. For example, Anton has a good system but was unable to play the video in real time.I hope it will work more compatible with new generation processors or GPUs with future updates and save us from the convert problem. Also, thank you for giving detailed answers to my questions.

My System: Intel I9 10900K | Asus TUF Z590 Plus MB | HyperX Predator 32 Gb 3000 Mhz | Asus Strix GTX-1060 6Gb OC | Samsung 950 Pro SSD | Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair Hydro H110i GT Water Cooler | TC Electronic Impact Twin Audio Interface | IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor | LG 29UM68-P Screen | Edius X | Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Yes, Anton does have a powerful system. However, he does not have an H.265 decoder onboard. When and if GV adds GPU assist, it should include H.265 decode and playback which will enhance the performance on non 'K' chip systems.
        Your 6700k is way underpowered (as is my 4790k) for working with H.265 files. The 9th, 10th, and 11th generation Intel 'K' series chips do work quite well with H.265 files.
        Each generation improved upon the performance of the decode.
        The one H.265 file stream that does wreak havoc on all NLE's is the H.265 file from the Canon 705 series.

The Alder Lake 12900K may be an answer. It's hard to make a judgement on pre-release benchmarks though. It does have an improved GPU module, so
        H.265 performance more than likely will be improved.

One of the best things that GV could do to improve Edius X is to add GPU assist with NVDEC . The 3070/3080 cards are capable of the full line of HEVC codecs.
        4:2:0/4:2:2 8bit to 12bit in both.

Even with a great decoder, the best experience will still be with an intra frame codec.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I am still using edius 7 on a pc that was build in 2013 and it work great! but I can't play h.265 files in E7. my work around is I use Video Conversion / Encoding - TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 (pegasys-inc.com) to convert the file. and the great thing is that I can color grade the clips before exporting. its a Very handy tool to have. worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
            Yes, Anton does have a powerful system. However, he does not have an H.265 decoder onboard. When and if GV adds GPU assist, it should include H.265 decode and playback which will enhance the performance on non 'K' chip systems.
            Your 6700k is way underpowered (as is my 4790k) for working with H.265 files. The 9th, 10th, and 11th generation Intel 'K' series chips do work quite well with H.265 files.
            Each generation improved upon the performance of the decode.
            The one H.265 file stream that does wreak havoc on all NLE's is the H.265 file from the Canon 705 series.

The Alder Lake 12900K may be an answer. It's hard to make a judgement on pre-release benchmarks though. It does have an improved GPU module, so
            H.265 performance more than likely will be improved.

One of the best things that GV could do to improve Edius X is to add GPU assist with NVDEC . The 3070/3080 cards are capable of the full line of HEVC codecs.
            4:2:0/4:2:2 8bit to 12bit in both.

Even with a great decoder, the best experience will still be with an intra frame codec.

AMD produces very powerful and high-core processors, but thanks to Edius' single-core performance and QS support, Intel seems indispensable for now. I also wonder what kind of advantages the 12th generation processors will come with. However, it is thought-provoking in terms of cost that it will be switched to DDR5 ram. There wasn't a huge performance difference going from DDR3 to DDR4, that's why I'm afraid of the first series.

My System: Intel I9 10900K | Asus TUF Z590 Plus MB | HyperX Predator 32 Gb 3000 Mhz | Asus Strix GTX-1060 6Gb OC | Samsung 950 Pro SSD | Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair Hydro H110i GT Water Cooler | TC Electronic Impact Twin Audio Interface | IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor | LG 29UM68-P Screen | Edius X | Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
              I am still using edius 7 on a pc that was build in 2013 and it work great! but I can't play h.265 files in E7. my work around is I use Video Conversion / Encoding - TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 (pegasys-inc.com) to convert the file. and the great thing is that I can color grade the clips before exporting. its a Very handy tool to have. worth a look.
              It looks interesting. I have not come across a converter with LUT support. Thanks for your good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by canerozcoban View Post
                There wasn't a huge performance difference going from DDR3 to DDR4, that's why I'm afraid of the first series.
                Where DDR4 maxes out speed wise, DDR5 picks up and carries it. You are correct about the switch from DDR3 to DDR4 being a bit underwhelming.
                That will not be the case with the switch to DDR5.

As far as going with the first version of any CPU, it's a risky move. That is coupled with a lot of new tech in this platform.
                The 12900k itself, DDR5, PCI-E 5.0-when 5.0 drives are released it will be a major jump in throughput speeds, and the Hardware Guided Scheduler that works with Windows 11 software scheduler for the P and E cores of the CPU.

My concern is the availability of AIO coolers that are out of the box ready to install on the Z690 motherboards.

Intel knows the world is watching, particularly it's investors.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

• canerozcoban
                  canerozcoban commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think we're going to have to replace all of the existing hardware in the transition to new systems. Increasing core counts and frequency speeds of processors will require better cooling. Also, I'm currently seeing internal water-cooled graphics card models. Presumably on a new system, the power supply I have will also be insufficient. It will take time for new bios and windows 11 versions to become stable, as well as hardware. Of course, I wonder how Edius will react to all this.

It looks interesting. I have not come across a converter with LUT support. Thanks for your good advice.
                It is something you could use to do a simple editing complete as it has a timeline editor as well as the normal conversion pages.
                Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

• canerozcoban
                  canerozcoban commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, this can be useful for small crops. Still, I can't give up on my habits, even for the smallest job, Edius, Premiere or Final Cut is the faster solution for me.

It is my go to encoder and to just trim a clip and encode to another format it is the best choice of all I think. Can use all the resource available, CPU and GPU .
                Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

I think we're going to have to replace all of the existing hardware in the transition to new systems. Increasing core counts and frequency speeds of processors will require better cooling. Also, I'm currently seeing internal water-cooled graphics card models. Presumably on a new system, the power supply I have will also be insufficient. It will take time for new bios and windows 11 versions to become stable, as well as hardware.

Yes, new hardware will have to be implemented as we go forward. Unfortunately, the market has made it difficult to do this.
                  Hybrid AIO GPU models have been available for quite some time. Full on Water Cooling is still the best cooling you will get.
                  If you go that route, add around $1,500 US to the price . If you have at least a 1,000 watt PSU, you should be good going forward..
                  at least for now.
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

• canerozcoban
                    canerozcoban commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At the moment, I think that the focus of all processor production is based on games. In recent years, the gaming industry has been at the center of sales. Everything is rgb illuminated, even the slogans of the products point to the competition in the game. Even interest in quadro graphics cards has disappeared. We edius users were also very stuck in hardware selection.

Decode performance of uhd750 is only 1 / 3 11900t of uhd630, 11th igpu performance is very poor.

This time the problem is more serious than i9 11900t, 12th igpu completely abandoning the old SDK.I have Intel i5 12600K processor for a long time. I can clearly tell you that EDIUS X and Da Vinci will use the igpu card and the decoding will crash immediately。I can't disclose too much because there are confidentiality issues.igpu name is uhd770. The codec is still gen12, and the performance has not changed,You will be disappointed when Intel 12th CPU is officially launched.

CPU performance is not much better than AMD.EDIUS should gives priority to NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards to use decode.

My rtx3070ti does not support 4:2:2 decoding
                  Last edited by [email protected]; 10-16-2021, 07:56 AM.
                  CPU:AMD R9 5950X GPU:GTX1050 MEM: Micron 4G DDR4 2400x4
                  motherboard:ASrock X570 matx
                  SSD:intel p3600 sata HDD: HGST 8Tx5 raid0
                  Power:Great Wall EPS2000BL 2000W
                  OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

• canerozcoban
                    canerozcoban commented
                    Editing a comment
                    12th generation intel processors are really risky for now. I'm considering getting an 11th generation i7 processor, because there's no significant difference between it and the i9. Maybe I can get proper performance from this processor with the upcoming Edius X updates.

Hello again everyone. I did a motherboard and cpu upgrade this weekend.I have now had a smooth experience with the Asus TUF Z590-Plus motherboard and I9 10900K processor. My only problem is that I have completed my monthly entitlement for online deactivation.I took some risk by including the SSD with the old operating system in the new system, but I can use it without major problems. I believe that when I get my activation right, I will get healthier performance with a clean system installation.

Comment

Hello again everyone. I did a motherboard and cpu upgrade this weekend.I have now had a smooth experience with the Asus TUF Z590-Plus motherboard and I9 10900K processor. My only problem is that I have completed my monthly entitlement for online deactivation.I took some risk by including the SSD with the old operating system in the new system, but I can use it without major problems. I believe that when I get my activation right, I will get healthier performance with a clean system installation.
                    Please contact your reseller to see if they can help with the activation issue. You can also try support at EDIUS.net
                    (Support - EDIUS)
                    Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
                    EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

11 th、12th igpu processor is not compatible with EDIUS at all. I am the first victim in the forum. Do not buy processors after Intel 10th.

2022 is coming. EDIUS doesn't even support amd NVIDIA GPU decoder.If GPU decoding is not supported in future versions of ediusx, I will completely abandon EDIUS.It may have no funds for development. It has squeezed toothpaste like Intel since edius6.

I have given feedback on this issue for a long time, because EDIUS does not support AMD and NVIDIA GPU decoding. It may support it next year, but it is impossible to achieve it this year. I'm disappointed with ediusx's current performance. Looking at Apple's M1 Max and EDIUS, I feel very frustrated. The engine of EDIUS is really too backward. Compared with edius6, there is no revolutionary change in the overall function.
                      CPU:AMD R9 5950X GPU:GTX1050 MEM: Micron 4G DDR4 2400x4
                      motherboard:ASrock X570 matx
                      SSD:intel p3600 sata HDD: HGST 8Tx5 raid0
                      Power:Great Wall EPS2000BL 2000W
                      OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

• canerozcoban
                        canerozcoban commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are absolutely right about Apple. Grass Valley doesn't appreciate its potential. Most TV channels in my country were using GV equipment. It stopped updating itself not only as Edius but also as hardware. Currently, most TV channels are renewing their systems using alternative brands.
                    Working...
                    X