X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burnandreturn
    replied
    Originally posted by EasternLook View Post
    I was keeping the old boards from my DV RexRt for sometime till I came to reality that they will never be usable again. I finally chucked them in the trash. Next thing to go will be my Sony TRV900 cams. Seems they will only sell for about $20 or so on ebay and don't make much of a door jam.
    That brings back some memories! TRV900. I bought one so I could get still shots/pictures off the DV tape. That clunky drive that plugged into the camcorder that you could record stills onto. Slow and not good quality but at the time it was the best option for grabbing a still off a video of my horses while outside. My how things have streamlined.

Leave a comment:

• EasternLook
    replied
    I was keeping the old boards from my DV RexRt for sometime till I came to reality that they will never be usable again. I finally chucked them in the trash. Next thing to go will be my Sony TRV900 cams. Seems they will only sell for about $20 or so on ebay and don't make much of a door jam.

Leave a comment:

• jordaneasthere
    replied
    you can use Matrox MXO2 using it as a boat anchor

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    I got a MVR-2000 board I am still holding, Mpeg 2 is making a comeback isn't it? I just need GV to make some Windows 10/11 drivers. :rolleyes:

Leave a comment:

• ulyssesvideo
    replied
    I still have my first camera, sony V6000 HI8.. was a great camera in it day...... then I got the Panasonic Supercam... that was a fantastic camera

Leave a comment:

• Thor
    replied
    If you have the room, it's great to have your own museum! I recently disposed of old camcorders, digital cameras and a Minolta Maxxum film camera. Just collecting dust and not good for anything anymore. : (

Leave a comment:

• johannesj
    replied
    I still have all my card sins DV RexRT, I have owned all GV cards sins then til Storm 3G. All of them are in a box in my storeroom because I never found it in my heart getting rid of them, just like all those cameras I have ever owned, except one camera that were stolen from me in a burglary in to my house.
    Last edited by johannesj; 09-10-2021, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Thor
    replied
    I've still got some old Iwill DK8N AMD boards running. Very hardy. But sooner or later, a capacitor will blow, or some other component on the motherboard will fail.

The best thing to do to keep old motherboards running is to keep them as cool as possible, and regularly replace your boot drive.

Leave a comment:

• ulyssesvideo
    replied
    I hope not!

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
    Iam still using my DV storm card to capture analogue on my first pc. does the job very well!
    however, that ancient PC can stop booting any day

Leave a comment:

• ulyssesvideo
    replied
    Iam still using my DV storm card to capture analogue on my first pc. does the job very well!

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
    I have the Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro HD - HDMI and Analog Editing Card, no clipping of black and white.
    the 4k version did....did they ever fix that issue?
    all BM 4k capable analog capture cards have the issue except yours

the issue can't be fixed and will not be fixed because analog is dead and there is no point to fix it in their opinion

but at least they have other products that can be used that don't suffer from this issue

Leave a comment:

• ulyssesvideo
    replied
    I have the Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro HD - HDMI and Analog Editing Card, no clipping of black and white.
    the 4k version did....did they ever fix that issue?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I am now using a BM analog to SDI mini converter and then connect the SDI to BM Mini Recorder 4k. Using this combination does not suffer from the analog black and white clipping

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    You need to use EDIUS 9.30 or earlier in order to make a device preset for analog capture using the MXO2

all versions after 9.30 no longer work
    I know. Sad times to see the support of mx02 stop

Leave a comment:

Working...
X