Edius X corrupting video exports using Nvidia NVENC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius X corrupting video exports using Nvidia NVENC

Real simple one this. A video demonstrating that Nvidia NVENC encoding within Edius X is broken and in certain instances produces corrupt video encodes.

In this example I'm using H.264 MP4 as the Nvidia NVENC output because Edius X wont allow me to select H.265 MP4 using Nvidia NVENC. In fact, Edius X wont allow for any encoder for H.265 in this instance.

Edius X will also not allow certain H.264 and H.265 outputs with certain frame rates.

During the editing of the MP4 capture file for this video, Edius actually hung after I split the clip and done a speed up. Edius also corrupted some of the timeline footage after the cuts, as can be seen in the video. I could have transcoded to HQX but I didn't have the time and I simply shouldn't have to, especially for a very simple edit.

These issues of Edius hanging and crashing with H.264 and H.265 didn't happen on my old 9th Gen Intel setup.

To show that NVENC can actually encode the source footage, in this instance a HQX transcode because Edius X was once again hanging and crashing with the original H.264 Mp4 capture file. I done the same Nvidia NVENC H.264 MP4 encode using Handbrake and as you could see, the encode was fine, aside from the corruption that Edius done to the capture file of the recording for this video.

As mentioned in this description and in the video, Edius X is causing many issues and problems when using Intel 11th Gen CPUs for editing H.264 and H.265 sources. These issues range from hangs, to crashes and also massive latency issues and other timeline and export issues. I will start doing other videos focusing on single issues that Edius X is causing.

https://youtu.be/IAQEFdP5-bY

Last edited by Liverpool TV; 06-24-2021, 12:13 PM.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Vegas、DaVinci has a similar problem,igpu Uhd750 works well with premiere at present. When I disable uhd750gpu in BIOS, my computer crash will improve and work normally. But my job is editing H264 / 265 every day.(4K 4:2:0 video is mainly from DJI and Sony)

I don't believe everyone has igpu uhd750, but everyone must have a graphics card ,AMD (UVD) or NVIDIA (NVDEC),They decoder is also very good, It should be free and open source.EDIUS will lose many potential customers if it is only compatible with igpu.
    CPU:AMD R9 5950X GPU:GTX1050 MEM: Micron 4G DDR4 2400x4
    motherboard:ASrock X570 matx
    SSD:intel p3600 sata HDD: HGST 8Tx5 raid0
    Power:Great Wall EPS2000BL 2000W
    OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      Vegas、DaVinci has a similar problem,igpu Uhd750 works well with premiere at present. When I disable uhd750gpu in BIOS, my computer crash will improve and work normally. But my job is editing H264 / 265 every day.(4K 4:2:0 video is mainly from DJI and Sony)

I don't believe everyone has igpu uhd750, but everyone must have a graphics card ,AMD (UVD) or NVIDIA (NVDEC),They decoder is also very good, It should be free and open source. EDIUS will lose many potential customers if it is only compatible with igpu.
      That's very interesting what you've said about disabling the iGPU, thanks.

Although, for the same reasons as you've said, I can't disable it as I'm almost exclusively using H.265 and H.264. It would also seem that using CPU brute force to decode these codecs isn't an option either :(

Cheers,
      Dave.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpool TV View Post

That's very interesting what you've said about disabling the iGPU, thanks.

Although, for the same reasons as you've said, I can't disable it as I'm almost exclusively using H.265 and H.264. It would also seem that using CPU brute force to decode these codecs isn't an option either :(

Cheers,
        Dave.
        e.g. DJI, GroPro ,Canon, writing an single slice h264/5 video stream, using CPU brute force to decode these codecs,playback performance is very poor.Because only 4 threads decoding is supported at most。But Sony,Panassonic,writing an multi slice h264/5 video stream ,I found that 64 threads can be used,AMD's performance is obviously better.But compared with GPU, it is still too weak.Michael replied that EDIUSx would support more GPU decode acceleration in the future. I hope this is not a white lie.
        OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

Is this week’s update revision history for Pegasus TMPGEnc of any relevance?

“Fixed: The output video would be corrupted when outputting an H.265/HEVC Main 10 video with the Intel Media SDK Hardware encoder on an Intel Ice Lake Core or later CPU environment.”

Comment

Originally posted by redbox2 View Post
            Is this week’s update revision history for Pegasus TMPGEnc of any relevance?

“Fixed: The output video would be corrupted when outputting an H.265/HEVC Main 10 video with the Intel Media SDK Hardware encoder on an Intel Ice Lake Core or later CPU environment.”
            I doubt that fix has anything to do with the problem in this video.

That fix is for QuickSync, the issue in this video is NVENC.

The issue in this video is an obvious problem with Edius’ utilisation of the NVENC encoder. The same source file encodes correctly when encoded with another NVENC compatible host.

Comment

Hi, I haven't seen your post for a long time. I have also encountered the problem that the output H264 of nvenc is damaged. The video I output cannot be played directly. It happened today
              OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

Working...
              X