Grass Valley can you justify this technical information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass Valley can you justify this technical information

Grass Valley can you justify this technical information - How much RAM for Edius X & CPU cores So a real easy one here for Grass Valley.

Can you please tell me how the RAM usage for Edius is linked to CPU cores, as in your system recommendations at Edius.net Is this applicable for both Intel and AMD CPUs?

Are there any other factors to consider, such as project resolution, frame rate, bit depth etc. I'm absolutely positive that I'm not the only person wanting the answers to such questions. Also, when will we have some meaningful, modern system specifications for computer builds for Edius X?

I'll be making quite a comprehensive video soon about my experiences with Edius X and Intel 11th Gen CPU usage. Specifically Edius' lack of utilisation of the UHD750 iGPU.

If you'd like to contribute some information ahead of that video, it would be greatly appreciated.

You can leave any responses and system specification details here so that it can be useful to other Edius users as well as myself.

https://youtu.be/WLOn1_Dl0ow

[/QUOTE]
    Checkout my Edius video at www.Edius.co.uk

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

I even have a way to install and use ediusx on computers that don't support avx2, such as amd 955 or core 2 E6300,As long as it supports 64 bit CPU.Processor instruction set detection bypassing installation package.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      I even have a way to install and use ediusx on computers that don't support avx2, such as amd 955 or core 2 E6300,As long as it supports 64 bit CPU.Processor instruction set detection bypassing installation package.
      Why don’t you explain how to install Edius X without using AVX2, I’m sure many Edius users would really appreciate it.

Make a video to show users how to do it.
      Checkout my Edius video at www.Edius.co.uk

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

• 363596694@qq.com
        [email protected] commented
        Editing a comment
        This is very simple. First, find a computer that supports avx2 and install ediusx. Finally, the hard disk of the system is installed on the computer which does not support avx2, and then the 30 day trial serial number is input to run successfully.
        If you don't want to remove the computer, you can turn off the avx2 avx512 function in the BIOS. In addition, edius10.20 still does not support uhd750 ,it does not update the SDK.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      Keep in mind that this is completely unsupported.
      1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

• 363596694@qq.com
        [email protected] commented
        Editing a comment
        First install ediusx, and then You can turn off the Avx Avx2 avx512 function in the BIOS. Ediusx works well ,it performance is almost unaffected.Edius10.20 is still not compatible with uhd750 graphics card, and its performance is far inferior to uhd630.
    Working...
    X