New Computer Configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer Configuration

I want to buy a new computer for Edius v9 , home use for HD content and maybe migrate into 4K in a year. Can someone please tell me some suggestions on what to buy? : GPU, CPU, Ram, Memory. Thank You

The below specs are from a recent thread. Just search on "new computer". This topic comes up every other week or so. Everyone has different opinions. If it's just for home use and home videos with no complicated video effects, you should be able to buy an inexpensive computer off the rack that will handle your video and simple transitions. The only thing you should make sure you have is a small SSD for your system drive, and two other large drives; one for holding your video files and editing, and another one for which to output your finished video files.

Originally posted by zvit View Post
    After much research, the only thing that disappoints me is that I can't afford a 3090 so a 3080 will have to do for now and hopefully, I'll upgrade when the price goes down.
    For now, I'd like advice on the system I chose. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 12.12.00.jpeg
    Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
    #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
    #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

For instance:

Acer Aspire Desktop - 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10400 (costco.com)

This may not be a wiz-bang computer, but it will do the job, especially if you can add a second HDD, assuming there is an extra available SATA port onboard.
      Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
      #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
      #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

The forum has answered many times, I only recommend the most cost-effective computer. If you mainly use H265 format, please buy a computer with Intel processor and uhd630 igpu. If it is other formats, AMD processor with gtx1650s graphics card is the best.Too expensive Intel processor and NVIDIA graphics card do not improve the performance of EDIUS.

EDIUS 10 does support GPU playback of h264 and h265 with Intel GPU.(In fact, H264 decoding difficulty is very low, you can ignore the graphics card)
        If you find yourself working with a lot with compressed video footage, you should chose a Intel CPU with integrated GPU and as many cores as you can afford. Some cameras, e.g. DJI, GroPro writing an single slice h264 video stream, in this case use a Intel GPU or transcode to e.g. GrassValley HQX.
        If you work with less compressed formats, e.g. Apple ProRes, MPG2, DNxHD, you should choose a CPU from AMD with many cores as possible. As long as you use h264 from well known camera vendors you should have no problem with single-slice video stream, because they write the h.264 video stream with multiple slices and EDIUS can use all CPU cores for decoding.
        RAM should be 8GB RAM. If you have a lot of CPU cores, take the amount of your real amount of processor cores (logical cores) and multiply by two to get the amount of RAM in GB. E.g. if you have Intel i9-9900 (=8 logical cores, 16 with HT) you should have 16GB RAM or more.

https://www.edius.net/faq.html?s=EDI...ardware%20tips

Comment

Working...
        X