No announcement yet.

How Can I Speed Up Edius 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was very helpful that it doesn't work on your side. Thank you! I did upgrade right when version X came out, and there were some things not ironed out, so I went back. Will come back in the future, maybe version 11. So appreciate you looking into this for me!

Comment

what sort of things did you not like in X? I have a feeling that some will be ironed out soon
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I can't remember so I just went back and looked at some older posts. One came up immediately:

https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...dd-to-timeline

Essentially, I use very few features in Edius, but the ones I do use I use hundreds of times. So in the above post I was struggling with a couple things that just did not come along with Edius X. I suspect those things will come back. I probably will wait a little longer to see when I really need to upgrade. Edius 7 works so darn well, except what I just found here with this thread with high quality videos.

But I'm an Edius fan for life probably, so will upgrade at some point. I just know it's a fairly large day or two to upgrade and get all the plugins worked out and verification that all the features I need are there.

Comment

that is already fixed, but you must set the keyboard shortcut to Shift+Q as it is undefined by default
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Cool... I would like to have the rendering capabilities run in the background. Would save tons of time.

Comment

yes, while Shift+Q is doing its job, you can continue editing
              also, while printing one sequence or section to file, you can edit another sequence or another section
              Anton Strauss

Comment

Anton do you feel many of the bugs and features have been worked out in Edius X? Without reading all the threads, are people still waiting on common features that were so reliable in 7+ ?

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Hart View Post
                  Anton do you feel many of the bugs and features have been worked out in Edius X? Without reading all the threads, are people still waiting on common features that were so reliable in 7+ ?
                  I guess it depends on what you need. To me X is head and shoulders above 7 in some additional features. Automatic tracking of Mask and Layouter/Transform is huge. Also audio Waves support with auto latency correction opens up so much more on the audio side. There are lots of others additions.
                  1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Working...
                  X