Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Evans
    replied
    What will you render( format ) and what GPU does the Ryzen have in it now. What will the source file be ? Does the Intel have QS ? Just my guess. If the source is UHD h264 or h265 then timeline playback for editing will be better with the Intel. If the GPU for the Ryzen is a new NVIDIA then the render will be faster with the Ryzen.

Leave a comment:

• Hutch TV
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post
    Until EDIUS uses the decode capabilities of NVIDIA or AMD GPU's then Intel CPU with QS is the only choice if you edit h264 or especially h265 ( need one of the latest Intel CPU for that ) . Let us hope EDIUS catches up with all the other NLE's soon. It is now the slowest NLE I have on my PC which of course does not have QS. In contrast my second PC a 4790K with QS but no separate GPU, EDIUS is faster than Vegas or Resolve because they need a fast GPU to work well. On my Threadripper it is really the 1080Ti GPU that makes the difference.

EDIT: Latest EDIUS 10.10WG and 9.54WG will play h265 1920x1080 now on my Threadripper. Still has problems with UHD from my GH5 so no change there not sure if that decode is an improvement done in CPU.
    We are going to line up an exact same render of about an hour on both a fairly new Intel and this Ryzen 5 3600 and see how much difference there is in render time. I will report back.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    Until EDIUS uses the decode capabilities of NVIDIA or AMD GPU's then Intel CPU with QS is the only choice if you edit h264 or especially h265 ( need one of the latest Intel CPU for that ) . Let us hope EDIUS catches up with all the other NLE's soon. It is now the slowest NLE I have on my PC which of course does not have QS. In contrast my second PC a 4790K with QS but no separate GPU, EDIUS is faster than Vegas or Resolve because they need a fast GPU to work well. On my Threadripper it is really the 1080Ti GPU that makes the difference.

EDIT: Latest EDIUS 10.10WG and 9.54WG will play h265 1920x1080 now on my Threadripper. Still has problems with UHD from my GH5 so no change there not sure if that decode is an improvement done in CPU.
    Last edited by Ron Evans; 12-17-2020, 10:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cbens
    replied
    Intel CPUs because of Quick Sync. (HEVC 10bit support startet with KabyLake, GeminiLake, CoffeLake, CometLake)

Leave a comment:

• Hutch TV
    replied
    Originally posted by cbens View Post
    I'm using a Ryzen 9 3900X and can't really recommend AMD for Edius. I mostly have H.265 content and timeline Playback was almost never working without stuttering. It even got much worse with the latest Version of Edius (10.10). I had to reduce Playback resolution to ¼ and even then get stuttering. CPU load is less than 50% and used to be almost at 100% in the previous release.
    It's a pity that such great CPUs are left aside by Edius.
    mmm, so what's the best cpu for Edius that can handle H265? The One I mentioned above the Ryzen 9 has 6 cores
    Last edited by Hutch TV; 12-17-2020, 09:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cbens
    replied
    I'm using a Ryzen 9 3900X and can't really recommend AMD for Edius. I mostly have H.265 content and timeline Playback was almost never working without stuttering. It even got much worse with the latest Version of Edius (10.10). I had to reduce Playback resolution to ¼ and even then get stuttering. CPU load is less than 50% and used to be almost at 100% in the previous release.
    It's a pity that such great CPUs are left aside by Edius.

Leave a comment:

• Hutch TV
    started a topic PC build for Edius X

PC build for Edius X

I need another PC and a person down the road is selling a Ryzen 5 3600.

It's minus a Graphics card and SSD but seems cheap 2nd hand at $620 Aussie. That's about $480US

Specs are

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: Corsair Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Desktop RAM - Black

MB: ASRock B450M-STEEL-LEGEND AMD AM4 mATX Motherboard

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 PSU 750 Modular 750W 80 Plus Gold Certified Power Supply

Case: Thermaltake Core V21 mATX Case With Side Window - Black

Case Fan: Corsair ML120 x 2, Cooler Master 120mm x 1
Working...
X