Thunderbolt 3 boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbolt 3 boards

Dear friends, since I need a new PC to install EDIUS X, I want to get one with Thunderbolt 3 if possible.
    Have any members got one and maybe even have Blackmagic Ultrastudio working with Thunderbolt 3
    I'd also like to have Quick Sync, does that narrow it down, I really have not been building many systems in the last year to know.

as long as the motherboard has a thunderbolt header, you can add a PCI-e addon card. My mobo has the header and I bought the addon card for $50 but have not had time to put it in

note that some things don't work with Windows TB because there are no drivers for Win like Drobo Thunderbolt Raid Boxes, which only work with Macs
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I just noticed an ASUS Tb 3.0 card for more like $150 AUD

Asus THUNDERBOLTEX 3-TR Card Expansion Card, Dual Thunderbolt, USB Type-C and Display Port 1.4 PCIE 3.0 40Gbps Transfer Rate

Do you need a header on the board for this as well

Comment

I would say you need the card to TB header cable with any Mobo

the card I use is https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherbo...IDGE-rev-20#ov
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I cant see anymore your specs Anton, do you have a Intel 490 board chip? Series 10 cpu?

Comment

I can see my specs, let me see what forum setting could prevent that
            Anton Strauss

Comment

do you have show signatures enabled?
              Anton-00781.png
              Anton Strauss

Comment

no, thanks, that's fixed it.
                So you don't worry about Quick Sync then. I guess it's pretty fast anyway

Comment

no, I don't use QS because mp4 export quality from EDIUS is fast and better than with QS
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

I don't think I will get an X series though so I can use quick sync or opt out I guess.
                    I'll get an i-9 10900K perhaps with a Gigabyte Z490 AORUS MASTER

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
                      I don't think I will get an X series though so I can use quick sync or opt out I guess.
                      I'll get an i-9 10900K perhaps with a Gigabyte Z490 AORUS MASTER
                      that mobo has two thunderbolt add-in card connectors, so you should be fine

be sure to use a corsair cpu water cooler, you don't want a fan cooler with EDIUS using all cores at 100% during export
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

yeah the corsair h80i v2 is on my list
                        Only 3 x pci-e slots now and one shares with the GPU, that's why Thunderbolt will need to work with BMD Ultrastudio ( hoping )

Comment

ask Mark Harwood to see if it works well with Win Thunderbolt
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

will do but he probably doesn't have edius x

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
                              will do but he probably doesn't have edius x
                              he has 9 WG and it will work the same
                              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                              X