Edius I/O cards for Edius X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess for me it boils down to:

For SD capture from s-video and composite sources only, (ignoring SDI capture and resolutions beyond HD) is there any image quality advantage in the Analog-to-SDI and and Decklink Mini Recorder option over the (not 4K) Intensity Pro? (Well, I guess the IP does have analog output option as well.)

(I haven't considered it yet, but perhaps duplex operartion with backgroud recording while editing/previewing to the monitor?)

Comment

Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
      I guess for me it boils down to:

For SD capture from s-video and composite sources only, (ignoring SDI capture and resolutions beyond HD) is there any image quality advantage in the Analog-to-SDI and and Decklink Mini Recorder option over the (not 4K) Intensity Pro? (Well, I guess the IP does have analog output option as well.)

(I haven't considered it yet, but perhaps duplex operartion with backgroud recording while editing/previewing to the monitor?)
      there is a huge advantage doing it my way, because the BM analog to SDI mini converter produces accurate blacks and whites whereas the Intensity Pro clips the blacks during capture and these lost blacks (dark areas) can't be recovered
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks,
        Is the clipped black unique to PAL, or an issue with 7.5 IRE NTSC as well?
        (I know the IP 4K has problematic SD blacks.)

Comment

Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
          Thanks,
          Is the clipped black unique to PAL, or an issue with 7.5 IRE NTSC as well?
          (I know the IP 4K has problematic SD blacks.)
          as far as I know the issue happens in Pal and NTSC and can't be fixed and will never be fixed because these cards will be phased out, I spoke to the horse's mouth
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Does Edius X support the BMD Mini Recorder 4K. or does one need to use another capture program such as BM's Media Express softeare? (I note thqt Edius is listed for Mini-Monitor 4K but not for Mini-Recorder.4k)

Comment

I am using the Mini Recorder 4k and the Mini Monitor 4k, both work fin in X and in 9
              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
              X