Edius I/O cards for Edius X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius I/O cards for Edius X

Just wondering if Edius X will support Storm 3G and 3G Elite?

Jim N

When we are closer to release more information will become available.
    Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Now Edius X is released is there any more information?
      Last edited by Jim N; 09-18-2020, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Please see this thread:
        https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...-documentation
        Steve

Comment

I guess I'll have to stick with Edius 9 WG for now, as I have a Storm Mobile that is supported in 9.

Is it possible to install Edius X on the same machine, and have both 9 and X operable on the same system drive?
          Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
          #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
          #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

Originally posted by Thor View Post
            I guess I'll have to stick with Edius 9 WG for now, as I have a Storm Mobile that is supported in 9.

Is it possible to install Edius X on the same machine, and have both 9 and X operable on the same system drive?
            Yes.....................
            Steve

Comment

OOOOooo! Gotta give that a try!

Thanks!
              Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.

Comment

Do I understand correctly that Edius X will not work with the HD Spark or the BM Intensity Pro (as opposed to the IP 4K) cards?

Comment

Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
                  Do I understand correctly that Edius X will not work with the HD Spark or the BM Intensity Pro (as opposed to the IP 4K) cards?
                  I stand to be corrected, but the original BM IP should work if the IP4k works, simply because it is the same driver software.
                  Edius WG 9.52.6153, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Dear Steve
                    Where you mentioned under Blackmagic Video
                    Note: Only supports video preview.

I can't work out what that refers to, is it all hardware, that no BMD capture input works?

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
                      Dear Steve
                      Where you mentioned under Blackmagic Video

I can't work out what that refers to, is it all hardware, that no BMD capture input works?
                      I think it means you can't capture 4k and only output 4k, up to 30p with Pro and up to 60p with WG

EDIUS X Pro: up to 4K 30p.
                      EDIUS X Workgroup: up to 4K 60p.
                      Anton Strauss
                      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I read it as no capture at all , even 1080p?

Comment

Originally posted by BernH View Post

I stand to be corrected, but the original BM IP should work if the IP4k works, simply because it is the same driver software.
                          You are absolutely correct!!!!!!

1) If you have an Intensity Pro with old software installed, physically remove the Intensity Pro, and uninstall all related BM software from your machine.
                          2) Download and install BM Desktop Video Installer v.11.5.1. I found it here: https://blackmagic-desktop-video.en.lo4d.com/windows
                          3) Restart your system, and make sure the software installed okay. Shut down your system.
                          4) Physically re-install your Intensity Pro.
                          5) Start your system with your ethernet cable plugged in, and start the BM Video Desktop program.
                          6) It should then install and update the drivers for the Intensity Pro automatically.
                          7) Shut down your system.
                          8) Start up your system, and start Edius X.
                          9) Go to "Settings/System Settings/Hardware/Preview Device"
                          10 "Intensity Pro" should appear now as a selection. Check the box, and you're finished!

Hope this helps someone.
                          Regards,

Jon

Comment

What about the HD Spark, recognizing its limitation of SD and HD?

Comment

Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
                              What about the HD Spark, recognizing its limitation of SD and HD?
                              no, the HD Spark has been removed but you can use it with 9 which can be on the same PC
                              Anton Strauss
                              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X