New Edius X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Edius X

I have seen the Video presentation Core.

In the end they inform that EDius 10 is for Windows 10 - 64 bits - AVX2 support.

Question : Is AVX-512 better and will Edius use this if present ?

Thanks to expert who understand technology beter then me
    Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Originally posted by Haddock View Post

In the end they inform that EDius 10 is for Windows 10 - 64 bits - AVX2 support.

Sorry but how can I tell if my pc has AVX2 support?

I7 4790K 32 gb ram AMD rx580 8gb.
    I7 4790K-32 gb RAM-RX580 8gb-SSD 256gb-Windows 10 pro-Edius8.5-Lumix GH2 Moon T8-Lumix FZ1000-

Comment

Intel AVX-512 is a set of new CPU instructions that impacts compute, storage, and network functions. The number 512 refers to the width, in bits, of the register file, which sets the parameters for how much data a set of instructions can operate upon at a time.

Here is Linus Torvald's take on it. https://www.zdnet.com/article/linus-...painful-death/
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladiciu View Post

Sorry but how can I tell if my pc has AVX2 support?

I7 4790K 32 gb ram AMD rx580 8gb.
        https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us...-4-40-ghz.html

Scroll down to Instruction Set Extensions
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us...-4-40-ghz.html

Scroll down to Instruction Set Extensions

thanks I have seen it now and I see that AVX2 is supported, I am happy with this, but if by chance one has a processor that does not support AVX2 then it cannot use edius X?
          I still don't quite understand what this AVX2 is for.
          Thanks again.
          I7 4790K-32 gb RAM-RX580 8gb-SSD 256gb-Windows 10 pro-Edius8.5-Lumix GH2 Moon T8-Lumix FZ1000-

Comment

Intel AVX-512 is a set of new CPU instructions that impacts compute, storage, and network functions. The number 512 refers to the width, in bits, of the register file, which sets the parameters for how much data a set of instructions can operate upon at a time.

Here is Linus Torvald's take on it. https://www.zdnet.com/article/linus-...painful-death/
            What does that mean : Linus Torvalds: I hope Intel's AVX-512 'dies a painful death' ?

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

Originally posted by Haddock View Post

What does that mean : Linus Torvalds: I hope Intel's AVX-512 'dies a painful death' ?
              Did you read the article?

Intel has had a rough go in the last couple of years mostly due to their own greed. Instead of out right fixing issues, they made the AVX-512 instructions to
              work around the issues. AVX-512 if not set properly can really slow down your system.

As far as I know, there are currently no AMD CPU's that have the AVX-512 instruction set.
              Last edited by Jerry; 07-18-2020, 05:12 PM.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Vladiciu View Post

thanks I have seen it now and I see that AVX2 is supported, I am happy with this, but if by chance one has a processor that does not support AVX2 then it cannot use edius X?
                I still don't quite understand what this AVX2 is for.
                Thanks again.
                It's basically an instruction set for the processor. It tells it what it can and can't do. Since Edius 10 is being written with the AVX2 instruction set as a function of Edius 10, this will require the AVX2 CPU instruction set to be in the user's CPU in order to function. If it isn't there, Edius 10 will not work.
                Last edited by Jerry; 07-18-2020, 05:15 PM.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

It's basically an instruction set for the processor. It tells it what it can and can't do. Since Edius 10 is being written with the AVX2 instruction set as a function of Edius 10, this will require the AVX2 CPU instruction set to be in the user's CPU in order to function. If it isn't there, Edius 10 will not work.

Thanks again jerry.

Comment

Thanks to both of you.

English is not my mother language and reading the article (as a ignorant at these level of technology) I couldn't be sure that I understand a sort of nonsense introduced in these. If I resume wel it's a "faster" level of managing instructions that do NOT work and may be worse because these "work around".

Comment

You can use CPU-Z to check if your CPU supports AVX2:

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Comment

Thanks Zorro

Comment

Oh Oh, It looks like I will be upgrading my system in order to use Edius 10. I trusty 3770k only supports AVX not AVX2.
                          Edius 8 Workgroup, Intel 3770K, Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard, 32GB DDR3 1600 ram, SSD for C, external Raid box with WE RE4 1TB drives Raid 0 for video assets. Overclocked 4.3ghz, Asus GTX 660 ti, water cooled system. Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by burnandreturn View Post
                            Oh Oh, It looks like I will be upgrading my system in order to use Edius 10. I trusty 3770k only supports AVX not AVX2.
                            sonner or later everyone needs a new car or a new PC :)
                            Anton Strauss
                            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

sonner or later everyone needs a new car or a new PC :)
                              Yes, right again but generally we separate from the old car. It's not my case with PC's and it's a big benefit to maintain old PC in activity. Of course in that time I invest in quality Hardware. So they are all still working.

To capture films and video I have 2 PC's turning on windows XP. One with NX card, the other with HDstorm (YUV). So I can face all old standards.
                              I have also 2 Windows 7 computer. One with NX the other with HDspark. The Windows 7 NX can't capture DV format... some camera's are not recognize only because no driver for W7.
                              I am waiting the results of Edius X tested by you expert of the forum before building a new PC.

When a PC "of the last generation" is installed and working, I decide to NOT do upgrades of hardware to avoid "de-stabilization". A lot of issues when I did it. So I stay with all my old "cars"...

Comment

Working...
                              X