No announcement yet.

Edius 8.53 with Matrox MXO2 LE: no VHS ingest

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 8.53 with Matrox MXO2 LE: no VHS ingest

Hello everyone. I had a strange problem with my Edius 8.53 system with Matrox MXO2 LE: by connecting an analog VHS (or S-VHS) source to digitize a cassette, the signal does not pass through any input (CVBS or S-VIDEO). If I connect a HI-8 or DV source (obviously in analog, not via firewire) the signal instead passes regularly. I tried both vtr without TBC (Panasonic NV HS900 or Sony SLV 757) and with TBC (Panasonic NV HS1000) without solving the problem. When Matrox MXO2 LE itself is connected to a system with Premiere Pro 2020 everything works regularly with any source. The drivers installed with Edius are the right ones (7.7.2.2018) but I have also tried the immediately previous ones (7.6) which, even if compatible, have shown the same rejection of the VHS sources only. To try to deceive Edius I also passed the VHS output signal through a DV (Sony DSR 1500) or HI-8 (Sony EV S9000) machine with a Matrix Sony SB V3000 without success. I don't understand why Edius 8.53 doesn't accept VHS from MXO2 LE. How could I solve it?

are you on Win7 or Win10?

can I see a screenshot of the capture device preset
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Hallo Anton and thanks for collaboration. The operating system is WIN 10 1809, below screenshots of the CVBS and S-VIDEO inputs.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by promoter2000
        Hallo Anton and thanks for collaboration. The operating system is WIN 10 1809, below screenshots of the CVBS and S-VIDEO inputs.
        there is your problem, you must use Matrox 8.0 drivers in Win 10

v7 drivers only work in Win7 and earlier with EDIUS
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Ok Anton but unfortunately the version 8.0 of the Matrox drivers is not compatible with Edius 8. At this point, to quickly resolve the issue, perhaps it is better to reuse an A / D / A converter like my Pyro AV Link and enter Edius from the firewire.

Comment

so is mx02 working with driver 8.0 in win 10 and edius 9 too
            thanks
            1-ASUS TUF Z490 PLUS. I9 10850K CPU 3.6GHZ 3600. 10 CORES 20 LOGICAL PROCESSORS, GTX 1660 TI,64GB,STORM MOBILE,EDIUS X & EDIUS 9,DAVINCI.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo
              there is your problem, you must use Matrox 8.0 drivers in Win 10

v7 drivers only work in Win7 and earlier with EDIUS
              Anton I tried to install the Matrox MXO2 8.0 drivers but they are not recognized by Edius (in the system settings the only hardware that appears is the OHCI card). Can you get Edius 9 to recognize Matrox 8.0 drivers? If yes, could you please explain how you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by promoter2000
                Ok Anton but unfortunately the version 8.0 of the Matrox drivers is not compatible with Edius 8. At this point, to quickly resolve the issue, perhaps it is better to reuse an A / D / A converter like my Pyro AV Link and enter Edius from the firewire.
                yes, in Win10 the Matrox 8.0 driver works with MXO2, MXO2 Mini, MXO2 LE

but, you can't capture after EDIUS 9.30, playback only, so when I need to capture, I quickly uninstall 9.52 and install 9.30
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Hi, sorry for bringing up this old thread but I have just recently come across this issue and wouldn't mind any tips on how to solve a similar issue to what promoter2000 had. Basically Win10 PC, Edius 8.53.3262, no matter what I do will not recognise my Matrox mxo2 LE when I go to the device presets. It recognises my Canopus NHX just fine and an Osprey Capture card I have but no option to add my Matrox device. I have tried re-installing the matrox drivers (version 8.0.0.15342) many times and reinstalling Edius a few times, but nothing seems to make a difference. Mind you Matrox capture works fine in Matrox software and VirtualDub, AmaRecTV etc. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

when you click new device preset, what are the options you see in the device dropdown? can I see a screenshot

also, a screenshot of device manager, sound video and game controllers
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

Hi Anton,
                      here are the screenshots. Really appreciate your help.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hi Anton, just realised there was more in the device manager.
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

verify that the cable from PCIe card to breakout box is connected correctly, I think the plug fits both ways but only one way is correct, B needs to match, see example from MXO2 manual

Attached Files
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

I can capture via Virtualdub, AmarecTV and Matrox's own software fine, it's just that Edius does not see it.
                            ​

Comment

maybe uninstall EDIUS8 without deactivate and then install the latest version again

I was able to use Matrox MX02 fine in EDIUS9 and Win10, but it only works up to EDIUS 9.30, any version thereafter such as 9.31 disables Matrox capture
                              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎