Clear All

• Adbear
    replied
    In my experience standard users never found the Win 7 backup either

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Adbear View Post
    It is found in search, it's just on the right hand side you have to chose which section it's searching in, change from 'Apps' to 'Settings', alternatively just hold down the Windows key and hit 'Pause'

As to the backup, not hard to find in the Control panel
    yes, but standard users will not find it, I am sure you agree

Leave a comment:

• Adbear
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    admin requests are only part of the issues, there are many other problems like broken search

example, type system information in the search and it won't be found

try and make a system image, and you have to revert to the legacy Win7 image backup which is well hidden so users can't find it

I can write a book about Win8, but this is my last comment on this subject so I don't offend Win8 lovers
    It is found in search, it's just on the right hand side you have to chose which section it's searching in, change from 'Apps' to 'Settings', alternatively just hold down the Windows key and hit 'Pause'

As to the backup, not hard to find in the Control panel

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    admin requests are only part of the issues, there are many other problems like broken search

example, type system information in the search and it won't be found

try and make a system image, and you have to revert to the legacy Win7 image backup which is well hidden so users can't find it

I can write a book about Win8, but this is my last comment on this subject so I don't offend Win8 lovers

Leave a comment:

• Adbear
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I don't use PCs for standard every day use :)

I constantly test things so I often rename plugins etc and I am constantly agreeing to admin requests, very frustrating when I am already the admin
    Then if you don't use a Win 8 system as a normal everyday user you can't really be giving out information on standard usage. What you do is not the same as a normal user. As stated earlier, under normal everyday usage you rarely if ever get Admin requests

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Adbear View Post
    But for standard everyday usage you shouldn't need to do that. Only time I get Admin requests is either when I'm installing something or when I try to access a protected area on the C Drive (which I rarely have to do as it's not an everyday thing). Under normal usage and accessing folders anywhere else I never get a message
    I don't use PCs for standard every day use :)

I constantly test things so I often rename plugins etc and I am constantly agreeing to admin requests, very frustrating when I am already the admin

Leave a comment:

• Adbear
    replied
    But for standard everyday usage you shouldn't need to do that. Only time I get Admin requests is either when I'm installing something or when I try to access a protected area on the C Drive (which I rarely have to do as it's not an everyday thing). Under normal usage and accessing folders anywhere else I never get a message

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    the only way to disable it for good is by disabling this
    http://i.stack.imgur.com/dhMyH.jpg

this will however destroy all metro apps from running

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Chandler
    replied
    I'm not getting them, either. I've been using Win 8 since release and enjoying it.

Leave a comment:

• Adbear
    replied
    That's not quite what he said to me when I spoke to him yesterday, but I'll leave him to speak for himself

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    strange, David Clarke from DVC UK gets the same admin issues

Leave a comment:

• Adbear
    replied
    Must be something strange on your setup, I've been running a few systems with Win 8 and rarely get Admin requests unless I'm installing something. On standard day to day usage I never get Admin requests
    Last edited by Adbear; 09-25-2013, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    actually, I have UAC all the way to the bottom on my Win8 drive and I do get admin requests all the time, I don't get them on my Win7 drive

Leave a comment:

• Adbear
    replied
    I'd have to disagree, I've been using Win 8 for about 9 months now on my laptop. I still don't like it personally but had to learn it for work, but don't find it slower than Win 7 and if you turn off UAC like most of us did under Win 7 then you don't get any more Admin requests than under Win 7 on day to day usage.
    I do agree with about touchscreens though, on a laptop it's just a gimmick as pretty much all software still uses the keyboard and mouse so there's no real advantage to having a touch screen

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    EDIUS 6.07 will not install in Win8, you need 6.52 or later

I would stay clear of touch screen because you will be cleaning your screen all day long, use the mouse instead, also, demand the laptop with Win7, it is a faster OS than Win8, far less clicking to confirm admin requests

if you buy at Dell, you can choose Win7 or Win8 for any laptop model

Leave a comment:

Working...
X