X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Dwyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Adbear View Post
    You might want to look in to the price of the G-RAID as it's not included in the total price. I'd also take a look at current prices for each of those items as well as availability as some of it has gone EOL
    Thanks for your thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• dtpolk
    replied
    Thanks guys, good info. I'll save this page.

Leave a comment:

• David Clarke
    replied
    How low budget is "low budget". We have done systems using i5 processors, 8GB RAM and using 2 SATA drives - one for video, one for Windows. EDIUS actually works using the Intel 4000 graphic built into the i5/i7 processor as well, so on a real budget people have just used that and forgone using an NVidia or ATI. That sort of system comes out about £720 +VAT (which is about $1100).

It can be improved in lots of ways but it works.

Leave a comment:

• Adbear
    replied
    You might want to look in to the price of the G-RAID as it's not included in the total price. I'd also take a look at current prices for each of those items as well as availability as some of it has gone EOL

Leave a comment:

• Fred Dwyer
    replied
    How about the Videoguys latest budget build? See http://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Vid...434e88de7.aspx

Videoguys' DIY X Ivy Bridge Budget Build (Feb 2013)
    Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe $279.00
    Processor Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge $319.00
    RAM 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 4x4 GB kit $99.00
    Boot Drive HGST 1TB 7200 RPM $103.00
    Video Storage G-Tech G-SPEED Q for Ext. RAID 5 G-Tech G-RAID for External RAID 0
    Case Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower $60.00
    Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W $109.00
    CPU Cooler COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO $35.00
    Blu-ray Burner Pioneer BDR-208 Blu-Ray Disc Burner $90.00
    OS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit $129.00
    GPU MSI GeForce GTX 570 $219.00
    TOTAL PRICE $1,442.00

I'm thinking of building this one at the end of the year. Anyone have any thoughts about this system for EDIUS?

Leave a comment:

• kpot
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundFreak_HD View Post
    If you want to save big $$$ go for a higher end older i7 proc, get a new mobo and ram, reuse Hdd's O.S. etc from old system.:)
    Using this strategy I built some years ago my 2600k-PC.
    Its a good advice (IMO).
    kurt

Leave a comment:

• Harro
    replied
    Check various people's signatures to see what they use, then make up an item list and see what you are prepared to spend on the system.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    If you want to save big $$$ go for a higher end older i7 proc, get a new mobo and ram, reuse Hdd's O.S. etc from old system.
    Doesn't get more budget than that to adchieve butter smoothness :)

Leave a comment:

• dtpolk
    started a topic Budget computer build for Edius 7?

Budget computer build for Edius 7?

This has been eluded to on the forum here and there, such as how much ram? What CPU? Etc. But a full low budget build (motherboard, cpu, drives... everything) has never been discussed (as far as I can see by searching). I'm presently using a 2 core eMachine desktop (soldered on CPU) with 8 gigs memory and fast drive, and while it works, one might guess that it's not smooth as butter.

I realize that the term 'low budget' may raise some red flags. but there are many of us out there without a lot of bucks who really love Edius. That said, can anyone offer advice on this, or is there a website somewhere that describes such a build?

Thanks!
Working...
X