X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius Keyboard Testers Required

Hi Guys,

I'm Mark B Brown, company director of Editors Keys. After hundreds of requests we have finally produced an Edius compatible Editors Keys keyboard.

However before we go into production, I'd really appreciate the help of a few Edius professionals in proof reading the design and double checking shortcuts are 100% correct.

We really appreciate the help and support you've given to us, and we require 5-10 testers. The volunteers will also each receive one of the keyboards free of charge when they are launched in 60 days.

Many thanks
    Mark Brown
    www.editorskeys.com

Where do we sign up?
    EDIUS WG 10.32.8648 VisTitle 2.960 Windows 10 Pro 21H1
    Asus ROG Strix X570F AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core 4.30 GHz 32GB DDR4 3600MHz RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    NVMe SSD 500GB system drive NVMe SSD 2TB work drive 6 x 4TB IronWolf Pro in RAID5 storage
    DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K into JVC DT-V24L1

Comment

Any specific geographic location criteria for testers?

Is there a specific time window in which the testing is to take place; e.g., for 30 days starting ~15 October.

Comment

I will appreciate if you count me on this
        www.anima3dproductions.blogspot.com

Comment

FYI:
          My present Edius keyboard does not work anymore. It have a new system with a Sandybridge processor that is slightly overclocked.
          An overclocked Sandybridge does not work with my Edius keyboard. The system will crash.

Maybe something to keep in mind when you start testing.

Cors Snijders
          System: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Win10, i9 9900K, 16 Gb RAM 3200MHz, M2 SSD 250Gb for OS and Edius, M2 SSD 500Gb for projectfiles, several HDD for archieving, dual screen Benq PD2700U, GTX1070, Corsair H115i Watercooling, E9.5WG, Mercalli V4, TPMG Authoring Works 5, Davinci Resolve, Sony fdr-ax700

Comment

Gamers actually prefer PS/2-style keyboards over USB because the PS/2 keyboard timing is unaffected by overclocking the CPU. It's a problem with the system chipset, not USB itself. My Gigabyte X58-based motherboard allows overclocking without affecting the USB timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra427 View Post
              FYI:
              My present Edius keyboard does not work anymore. It have a new system with a Sandybridge processor that is slightly overclocked.
              An overclocked Sandybridge does not work with my Edius keyboard. The system will crash.

Maybe something to keep in mind when you start testing.

Cors Snijders
              Use a USB to PS2 adapter, and that will probably solve your problem.

JohnnyD
              Edius7, 4790K, 16G, Win7, GTX970ti MatroxLE
              2nd Sys.,Edius5.51, 2700K, 16G, GTX1060, Win7
              Atari 400
              JohnFellersProd

Comment

The problem is that PS/2 and other legacy connectors (parallel ports, serial ports, analog VGA) are quickly going the way of the Dodo bird. Most newer motherboards don't have them. So you either need good overclocking support in the BIOS to allow USB timings to be maintained, or you can't overclock (or at least not by much and/or reliably).

Comment

Originally posted by THoff View Post
                  The problem is that PS/2 and other legacy connectors (parallel ports, serial ports, analog VGA) are quickly going the way of the Dodo bird. Most newer motherboards don't have them. So you either need good overclocking support in the BIOS to allow USB timings to be maintained, or you can't overclock (or at least not by much and/or reliably).
                  I have never heard of this. Might be why my USB ports are unreliable with flash card readers and Iphones etc.
                  AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, AMD Radeon 6800XT, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Happy to test one here too.
                    Andy
                    Steadicam Operator
                    http://www.apntv.com
                    Edius 6.06, DVC, Intel i7 950 3.06Ghz, GA-X58A 12Gb RAM, GT450, HDSpark Windows 7 64 bit.

Comment

Me too.
                      Tobe
                      Documentaries and Art Projects
                      Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
                      windows 10
                      284 gb SSD boot drive
                      2 TB work disc
                      2TB storage disc
                      EDIUS 9.52.6031
                      Many external project hard drives

Comment

and me...

If sending one to the UK is OK!
                        Desperately need something to help remember all the shortcuts!!

Comment

I'd be willing to test the keyboard for EDIUS.
                          A greeting from Spain
                          ASRock Z170 Extreme7+, Intel Core i7-6700K, GTX 970, 32 MB DDR4 Skill, Blackmagic Intensity 4k, W10, Edius 9 Workgroup

Comment

Im ready to test
                            Thanks
                            SK Raja

Adobe production suite cs5
                            windows 7 ultimate 64bit Edius 6 Vitscene Mercalli Bluff Titler Boris FX

Comment

Hey Guys

If you drop an email to me at: mark (dot) b @ editorskeys (dot) com

I really appreciate all the support. To make sure we test correctly we're looking for someone with extensive knowledge of Edius, so mistakes (if there are any) will be noticed really easily.

As a kind gesture, I'll pop a discount code on here too for non testers, as the support from this forum has been great.

Our Edius Keyboard will look very similar to our cubase keyboard (with the Edius Designs on of course.)

Comment

Working...
                              X