System Recommendations for Edius HD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Recommendations for Edius HD?

I would appreciate any system recommendations for building a Edius HD system which will be used for Weddings & Events mainly, I want it to be fast and have plenty of HDD with Bluray burner, authoring etc.

TIA

If you check the hardware forum there are really lots and lots of post on this please read a few. There is valuable info there.
    Last edited by SRsupport; 01-30-2010, 01:09 AM.
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Also a lot of people post their specs in their signatures.

Comment

The first place to start is your budget.

Once that is known we will gladly help you spend your money!
        Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

Edius System Budget $3-$K

I would want the system rackmountable if not adding alot of cost or not practical.

TIA

Comment

Edius System Budget $3-$4K

I would want the system rackmountable if not adding alot of cost or not practical.

TIA

Comment

Are you building it yourself or looking for a turnkey solution?
              George Dame
              Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
              Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
              Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
              Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
              www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Frys would likely build it

Frys to save money, I wouldn't trust myself to build it and turnkey would be expensive unless you know of someone in L.A. area that isn't high dollar turnkey.

Comment

As mentioned look at the signatures then go to avadirect.com and price out a system using their configurator. Mine was about $1,500 for high quality componets. Add to that about $750 for Edius 5 with Spark card and $300 for HDTV preview monitor. Already had a computer monitor, amp and speakers.
                  Mark Williams
                  [email protected]
                  http://vimeo.com/channels/3523
                  http://www.pond5.com/artist/mark29
                  Edius 8 WG, i7 6700K, Asus 170-A mobo, 16 GB Ram, System 960 Evo M.2, Video multiple 850 Evo SSDs, Shadow Rock Slim cpu cooler, On board graphics, Corsair 400c case, HD Spark, Windows 10, Panasonic GH5

Comment

Bobinator, Any luck?

I would stick to Intel i7 or Xeon processors, go with 12GB of ram and Windows 7 64bit.

Asus motherboards have a good rep with Canopus. But I have used Gigabyte for my last three builds and they have worked fine.

Video card is not so crucial, just get a modern decent card.

I use an external RAID card hooked up to 4-bay external drive enclosures. This way I only need to turn them on when I am editing and I don't have my case filled to the gills with HDs heating up the place.

As far as internal drives, at the core I have an OS drive, a "My Documents" drive, a pagefile/storage drive. I also have a duplicate of each drive, a clone for the OS and synchronized copied of the rest. So if there is an issue, I can swap a drive and keep on running.

This is made easier with a hot-swap bay (along with the drives being setup in AHCI mode). I can slide a drive in, backup and slide it back out.

You probably already know about this stuff but I am sharing because it does need to be planned for when building a system.

Keep us updated.
                    Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                      Frys to save money, I wouldn't trust myself to build it and turnkey would be expensive unless you know of someone in L.A. area that isn't high dollar turnkey.
                      Bobinator,

I do not list a rackmount solution in my offerings but it looks like I might be providing STORMDAVE with one in that price range. This will be also delivered to California as that is where he is. So, I could build two and ship one to you.

PM me for further details.
                      George Dame
                      Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
                      Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
                      Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
                      Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
                      www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Working...
                      X