CF Card Readers for video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF Card Readers for video

http://www.datavideo.info/en/Recorders/DN-70 or http://www.datavideo.info/en/Recorders/DN-60has anybody seen this stuff?....man I just bumped into it while searching for something...hope they are not too expensive when they hit the market...

Not too sure with only composite video in the quality will be that good. Unfortunately the spec sheet would not download. There are other devices like this with composite video in. The battery life is quiite short. On the other had the compact flash format allows for less compression of files.
    E9 PRO ,Intensity Shuttle capture Nvidia 650 TI LG 3D Monitor HDMI Win 10 PRO 64 Bit.Vistitle 2.6, Robuskey. ASUS Z370 I7 8700 16 GB Hyper X black RAM 250GB 960 EVO. 2 ITB Disks

Comment

As long as you're going > 9 GB on the CF card, you'll have more storage than a mini-DV tape.

Comment

Strange that they mention HDV on the DN70, but only have composite input (at least that's what's implied).

Comment

it has firewire in/out and composite in/out
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Anybody knows what kind of compression codec they use to compress DV stream (if any)? I could use this in conjunction with my Canon XL2 :-). No moving heads to crash a portable HDD - unlike Firestore - which I found to be totally unreliable when used in the field (outdoors, in the wild).
            TingSern
            --------------------------------------
            Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Ah yes now I have read it properly with a fire-wire connection and although it is another box to carry it should be fine. Plus you would be able to work with the files without converting them first as in the case of AVCHD. One other possible use is a backup recording. Most likely the price will dictate whether or not it will be successful. I have a similar device that only has composite in and that was quite pricey even when the dollar rate was more favourable than it is now.
              E9 PRO ,Intensity Shuttle capture Nvidia 650 TI LG 3D Monitor HDMI Win 10 PRO 64 Bit.Vistitle 2.6, Robuskey. ASUS Z370 I7 8700 16 GB Hyper X black RAM 250GB 960 EVO. 2 ITB Disks

Comment

there are pics of both front and rear pics so that you can see all the jacks......They are not too big either, and work on standard 'AA" batteries, which make them more easy to power up, rather than having to buy special batteries.....I read all I could find and I cant wait to see what they will sell for, and the quality they will give...they can give rebirth to my 2 X3s and a great 2B I have.....they work so well, but out of league with DV cameras...still give great pictures...a pity I have to put them away, but these can breathe new life into them, and my XL1...yeh..still have one of those....

Comment

I can attach it to the Anton Bauer battery that goes on the back of my XL2 - makes it much better for balancing. But, let's see the price when it is released first ... and the video quality it is giving.

Mind you, I find my XL2 gives better picture quality than most of the cheap HD cameras ... so, it does not mean just because it is SD, the video will be inferior to HD.
                  TingSern
                  Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Well for me I am still in SD land, so HD don't bother me.....plus I have seen some HD camcorders that SD make them look like primitive video....the XL1 may not be the best, but the quality is still good enough for news gathering, and low budget projects......I wanted the XL2, but did not feel like spending that kind of money, seeing that technology changes so quickly.....I was checking some tapeless cameras on B&H site....JVC GY-HM700...Think I may go for one. Was told the quality is good...haven't seen any footage yet though...but those recorders will really save me a lot of money, and let me settle until the technology stabilizes

Comment

Check this: Shining Technology CitiDISK-HD-80 External Video Capture Device, 80GB Hard Drive and this:FlashXDR_encoder...can't help searching for CTE systems....bought 2 many cameras and have them lying around because technology changed too quickly...so i am looking for other alternatives

Comment

I won't bother with anything that has a moving harddisk inside. I used to have Firestore - but, found it totally unreliable when used in the field. Flash XDR (Convergent Design) won't do for my XL2 - because it uses HD-SDI or HD-HDMI interface. Canon XL2 has Firewire DV interface only. Although Flash XDR could work with my Panasonic HVX172 (via HD-SDI interface) - I see no advantage since my HVX172 records on P2 cards (solid state) anyway.
                        TingSern

Comment

CitiDISK CFR or CitiDISK™ FlashMem check these...http://www.shining.com/en/index.php?...sk=view&id=156 or this...this is more interesting
                          http://blog.broadcastengineering.com...ideo-recorder/
                          Last edited by Alade; 10-02-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks ... looks interesting. Only one problem - battery needs mains charger to charge. That could be a problem for on-location filming in the wild. Will investigate that product.
                            TingSern

Comment

http://store.mcetech.com/Merchant2/m...ct_Code=QSSS-2 check this on...kinda pricy

Comment

Working...
                              X