Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm desperate...Asus P6T

This is nightmare..

First at all I have tried to build new mashine based on Gigabyte X58 extreme..for HD Storm and FireCoder Blue..I have found that FireCoder will not work on that board so I have bought new Asus P6T.
    I have made complete install and what I have found is that in Bios/Windows I can see only one core!!
    I have tried to flash bios ..nothing.
    I have called Asus support and they have told to me that I should wait 5-6 days that they will test it...
    Jesus..
    Any help??

Asus P6T
    i7 2,93GHz
    Kingstone DDR3 1600MHz 2x2 GB
    Raptor for system
    4x 1TB Seagate RAID 0
    Pioneer BlueRay burner
    HD STorm Plus
    FireCoder BLue
    Edius Silver Status

Gigabyte UD5 X58, i7 950 , 2TB RAID 0,GTX 285 PCIe, 6GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz, OS drive SSD Corsair, 750W PS,Samsung 1920x1080 LCD, GVG HD Storm 3G, Edius 7.30, Windows 7 64bit Ultimate)
    JVC DT-V20L3 20" HD-SDI broadcast monitor, multiformat

Boot up into windows then hold down the control key and press the left hand Alt key and the delete key altogether. In the pop up window select Task Manager. In Task Manager select Performance.
    What do you see there in respect of CPU usage?
    I notice that you are only using 2 pieces of memory you should use a mached set of 3 placing each piece in a red slot. I don't know what the result of not doing this is it may be causing your problem.
    Last edited by Hawke; 06-09-2009, 08:45 PM.
    Hawke,
    Edius 8.31WG - Asus Sabertooth X58 - 3.2GHz I7 960 - 12GB RAM - SSD C drive - Win7 Pro. 64bit - BM Intensity pro 4K. TMPGEnc Movie plug-in. FCB. Sony PMW-EX1 & Panasonic HDC-SD900. Atomos Samurai Blade

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for your replay.
      I could not get more then one core..not even in BIOS or in Windows too..
      Then I have tried to reinstall fresh windows XP and now everything is OK.
      I'm not sure what happened since I didn't change anything in BIOS?!
      At the end I'm happy my nightmare is over (i hope).

Regards
      Edius Silver Status

Gigabyte UD5 X58, i7 950 , 2TB RAID 0,GTX 285 PCIe, 6GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz, OS drive SSD Corsair, 750W PS,Samsung 1920x1080 LCD, GVG HD Storm 3G, Edius 7.30, Windows 7 64bit Ultimate)
      JVC DT-V20L3 20" HD-SDI broadcast monitor, multiformat

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav S View Post
        Jesus, this is nightmare..

First at all I have tried to build new mashine based on Gigabyte X58 extreme..for HD Storm and FireCoder Blue..I have found that FireCoder will not work on that board so I have bought new Asus P6T.
        I have made complete install and what I have found is that in Bios/Windows I can see only one core!!
        I have tried to flash bios ..nothing.
        I have called Asus support and they have told to me that I should wait 5-6 days that they will test it...
        Jesus..
        Any help??

Asus P6T
        i7 2,93GHz
        Kingstone DDR3 1600MHz 2x2 GB
        Raptor for system
        4x 1TB Seagate RAID 0
        Pioneer BlueRay burner
        HD STorm Plus
        FireCoder BLue
        The Asus P6T, is it the Deluxe-Version?

if yes, it will nor work with FCB, because it has no PCIe x1-Slot, only x4. But StormHD needs a -x4-Slot

All I-7-Boards need triple memory-kit, look for:
        Kingston HyperX DDR3 6GB-Kit (3x2GB)
        volki (Sony HVR-V1E + DR-60)
        ---------------------
        System-1: Cooler Master Midi Tower Centurion 590/ Silent Pro 700W/ Asus Sabertooth X58/ 3xCorsair CMX12GVM-Kit =12GB/ Intel Core i7 960, 3.20 GHz/ Noctua CPU-Kühler NH-D14/ Disks: Boot: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / 6 x WD Caviar Black, 7200rpm, 64MB, 1TB/, NVIDIA GTX960/ Win-10-64bit-Pro (1709), Edius-8.53-WG + HDStorm

Comment

sorry to jump in this thread .....

But StormHD needs a -x4-Slot
          never see this on the product-site from GV, One free PCI Express x1 slot is Imho correct
          source: Minimum System Requirements HD-Storm

please, can you explain, from where (swiss) source you have this info >StormHD needs a -x4-Slot< ???

HDTHUNDER – HD/SD-SDI-Based Editing with HDMI Monitoring Output needs x4 slot
          but between Thunder and Storm are a big difference of price and functions.....
          CentralEurope aka Hans
          voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
          i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
          [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

Originally posted by volki View Post
            if yes, it will nor work with FCB, because it has no PCIe x1-Slot, only x4. But StormHD needs a -x4-Slot
            This information is WRONG. HDStorm only needs a PCIex 1x slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav S View Post
              Hi,
              Thanks for your replay.
              I could not get more then one core..not even in BIOS or in Windows too..
              Then I have tried to reinstall fresh windows XP and now everything is OK.
              I'm not sure what happened since I didn't change anything in BIOS?!
              At the end I'm happy my nightmare is over (i hope).

Regards

that's good.Sometimes window files are corrupted due to software or hardware malfunction. That also causes problems in the normal functionality...
              handbag colors hotel reservation jewelry

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
                This information is WRONG. HDStorm only needs a PCIex 1x slot.
                Sorry, made a mixup with this:

If you decide at some point to add a FireCoder Blu to speed up Hi Def rendering you need to choose the Asus P6T BASIC mbo, not the deluxe Version.
                (The deluxe version lacks the 1x PCIe slot necessary for Firecoder Blu

Please be warned that while the P6T basic works with the FCB in it's x1 slot the P6T Deluxe does not have such a slot, there have been posts saying the FCB does not work in the P6T Deluxe.
                volki (Sony HVR-V1E + DR-60)
                ---------------------
                System-1: Cooler Master Midi Tower Centurion 590/ Silent Pro 700W/ Asus Sabertooth X58/ 3xCorsair CMX12GVM-Kit =12GB/ Intel Core i7 960, 3.20 GHz/ Noctua CPU-Kühler NH-D14/ Disks: Boot: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / 6 x WD Caviar Black, 7200rpm, 64MB, 1TB/, NVIDIA GTX960/ Win-10-64bit-Pro (1709), Edius-8.53-WG + HDStorm

Comment

Originally posted by volki View Post
                  Sorry, made a mixup with this:

If you decide at some point to add a FireCoder Blu to speed up Hi Def rendering you need to choose the Asus P6T BASIC mbo, not the deluxe Version.
                  (The deluxe version lacks the 1x PCIe slot necessary for Firecoder Blu

Please be warned that while the P6T basic works with the FCB in it's x1 slot the P6T Deluxe does not have such a slot, there have been posts saying the FCB does not work in the P6T Deluxe.
                  I am using a P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard with HDStom PLUS and FCB without any problems.
                  I 've just placed the FCB at the 4x PCie slot and the HDstorm at the black 16x PCIe.

Of course i am using the latest BIOS update (0504) and EDIUS version 5.11.
                  Kostas Κ.

HP Z800 Workstation: 2x Intel Xeon X5660 (12 cores - 24 nodes), 24GB DDR3 ECC, nVidia GTX 960 2GB, Win 10, SSD as Boot drive, RAID 0 for video editing, QNAP NAS for Storage, 2x Gigabit Ethernet connection

Comment

Working...
                  X