No announcement yet.

Timeline Twist

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline Twist

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has this bug been addressed?

Has anyone ever encountered something like this? After assembling a whole project, I realized the whole timeline was rotated by 5 degrees to the left. At some point I had added a 3D effect to a single clip. Upon adding fades to the whole project, I realized that the 3D had affected every clip in the project. Now everything was twisted. Is there any way I can put effects to a single clip without messing up the whole project?

Ted
    Complete Video Image Productions

Its not a bug....

The 3d PIP is a keyer type effect, so it will effect a whole row of clips that are joined together like you have noticed. If you are using edius 5, try using the Layout tool instead. otherwise, move your clip to a video track on its own and apply your 3d pip effect to that track only.
    When I go out, I wear my EDIUS T-Shirt.

Comment

Always put the clip with 3D effect on a separate V or VA track. This is due to the facts that in sequence like “clip1 transition clip2 transition clip3 clip4” no matter which clip you put the 3D transition on (in clip1...clip3 range) all will inherent the effect but not clip4. This is how keyers work in EDIUS. As long as clips are connected by a transition they will inherent the key effect.
      Rob

Comment

If that is not a BUG it sure does a good job of bugging me.

In Adobe I can put a 3D effect on side by side clips and transition with a 3D effect from one to the other without affecting anything else on the timeline.
        If I want the effect on other clips I will put them there, thank you very much.

Ted
        Complete Video Image

Comment

Edius is not adobe. :)
          Steve
          EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
          A proud EDIUS EDITOR
          For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE

In Adobe I can put a 3D effect on side by side clips and transition with a 3D effect from one to the other without affecting anything else on the timeline.

Ted
            Complete Video Image
            Hey Ted, I feel your pain. The whole concept of a "keyer" type effect seems goofy and unnecessary to me. Have never understood why Edius users haven't risen up and demanded that this idea of a keyer be done away with. Why can't we just apply an "effect" to a clip like practically every other video editing software in existence. Sometimes being different just for the sake of being different is a bad move. I really hoped GV would come to their senses by now and abandon the keyer. Must be too deeply rooted in the basic code to change it. Can someone explain to me a single advantage from its existence?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE

The keyer-adjacent clips thing drives me nuts too. I put each keyer effect clip on a seperate track to isolate them.
              Cheers,
              Stuart.

Comment

There was a thread on this sometime ago to which GV acknowledged that to change their keying method would need a complete re-write of Edius.
                Yes, it does need to be changed but I imagine this won't be done until a true 64 bit code is written.

Comment

Used correctly it is a very powerful feature. As has already been said, if you want to contrain a 3DPIP to one clip then put it on a seperate track. Not exactly a hardship.

DD

Comment

Not exactly a hardship? I guess it depends on how you edit.

I do single track editing. I just drop a number of clips on the line. Use alt/m or alt/n to cut and ripple delete unwanted parts and create fade handles. Mix in multi-cam edit, then compress to single track and drop a fade and I'm done. Unless I want to replace a couple of fades with special effects ones. Not being able to add an effect to clip when the camera was slightly out of level, I find totally unacceptable.

Can anyone give me an example where it would be desirable for an effect to take up the whole project? The problem is that no tutorial that I know of addresses this issue. Every editor needs to waste time figuring things like this out. I hope a lot of people read this thread and save themselves a lot of frustration.

Whew now I feel better...
                    Ted
                    Complete Video Image Productions

Comment

Take a grip, no one has died- this feature has been in Edius since version 1. I am not suggesting you may want to put a 3DPIP on a whole project merely that when used on multiple clips it is useful - depends on what type of work you are doing how you are using it etc.
                      With the help available here as well as a search feature on the forum no one is more than a few minutes away from being steered in the right direction.
                      DD

Comment

Originally posted by redgum
                        There was a thread on this sometime ago to which GV acknowledged that to change their keying method would need a complete re-write of Edius.
                        Yes, it does need to be changed but I imagine this won't be done until a true 64 bit code is written.
                        John if they ever write it in true 64bit code in which I doudt very much...
                        they haven't even released 64bit HD Storm drivers yet for some reason, it's got me stumped....

Steve
                        Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDave
                          Used correctly it is a very powerful feature. As has already been said, if you want to contrain a 3DPIP to one clip then put it on a seperate track. Not exactly a hardship.
                          DD
                          For some, maybe DD but to most it's a pain in the butt. News type doco's for instance where PiP is common. Instead of using 7 lines of video you end up with 14 and tracking audio becomes a pain. Sure there's work arounds and even Edius has acknowledged it needs changing for a host of reasons. But in reality, to do so is akin to a heart transplant.
                          Maybe we should all put in a feature request?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎