Edius 4 not working with Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 4 not working with Vista

I have just taken delivery of an Alienware PC laptop: dual core 2.6's, 3GB RAM, dual hard drives, Vista home premium, and after installing Edius 4 the software will not open, I just get a message saying 'Edius main has stopped working'. All of the Canopus software does the same, including DVcapture, MPEG capture, and DISCapture. Is there a solution to this? It all seemed to work on the old laptop on XP.
    Thanks

Edius 4 only works on XP

You need Edius 5 for it to work on Vista

Bill :)
    GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
    www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

And I suppose I have to pay for this? It's a bit crap that it won't work. Back to Premiere CS3 then...

Comment

Did you pay for your new pc? :)
        If you order or send in an order form before December 31st you get the upgrade to 5 at a special price.
        Steve
        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

why is it not possible to create an update/patch for the older software owners that don't want to upgrade the whole software for the sake of the OS? I am perfectly happy with version 4. I had the PC's stolen from my office through a break-in, and the replacment had Vista (I had no choice).

Comment

Originally posted by dparker View Post
            And I suppose I have to pay for this? It's a bit crap that it won't work. Back to Premiere CS3 then...
            If you purchased EDIUS v4.x between
            August 1st, 2008 and September 30th, 2008,
            you may be entitled to a free upgrade to version 5.
            GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
            www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by dparker View Post
              why is it not possible to create an update/patch for the older software owners that don't want to upgrade the whole software for the sake of the OS? I am perfectly happy with version 4. I had the PC's stolen from my office through a break-in, and the replacment had Vista (I had no choice).
              reformat your new PC and install XP, Edius4 will run much better, and you will have more Ram available

Vista 32bit uses all Ram just doing nothing
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Are you sure there is not another problem? I can run Edius v4 on Vista (32 or 64) even though it's not factory supported.
                It may simply be a Vista/Edius setup problem (search other posts here - there's plenty) and just check.
                And, if nothing else, RAM is much more efficient under Vista. Just needs to be managed properly.

Comment

Yep Yep Yep, should run fine under both 32 & 64bit editions of Vista, I ran it on Vista 64bit without any problems at all.

Steve
                  Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

I am currently running V4.6 on Vista 64 just fine. No problems.

Ron Evans
                    Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Likewise, I'm running 4.6 on a Vista laptop with no problems for about 4months
                      GA-EP45C-DSR3,Core2Q3ghz,8gig1066,260GTX,2x 20"AOC,22"Vizio1080pTV, Edius5/HDspark,PC3,Imaginate, CS5ProdStudio/IntensityPro,Win7_64
                      HPdv7t 17"notebook,8gig,2 IntHD,9600GT512M,17"extmon, Edius4.61,CS4Prodstudio.Win7_64,MX02Mini
                      DAW,HPdv9000,x2Turion,4Gig,2IntHD,Audition3,Cubase 4,XPpro,Alessis F/Wmixer,M-Audio F/Wmixer,BCF2000, BehringerMixers, Fender sound sys
                      Numerous Ext eSATA drives & Raids shared between systems

Comment

I am almost certain that Edius4 will not work with Vista

Edius 4.5 or later may work as others have confirmed
                        Anton Strauss
                        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I recall many saying they used E4 with Vista in the past.
                          The complaint was lack of hardware support, now available under E5.
                          Rusty Rogers | Films
                          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

4.61 is good on my vista laptop here, no issues at all.

Paul
                            Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

I have a new vista laptop.. more powerful than my xp desktop that runs Edius Neo 1.01 excellently

Neo 1.01 keeps getting the 'edius main has stopped working' message
                              BUT this website
                              http://www.tactools.org/edius-neo-1-01.html
                              states Edius 1.01 is compatible with vista

somebody help
                              can i fix the issue?

Comment

Working...
                              X