Struggling with the basics!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling with the basics!!!!!!!

Now that I'm getting into it, I'm struggling with the basics now.

How do I set the name for clips before capturing?
    At present I get 006 008 001 or something like that which means nothing to me, and as I have about 50 clips captured from my testing yesterday I can't work out easily which is which.

Now I'm going to start some work, I need to quickly tell what clip is what.

I can't see a way of doing this before capture, can it be done?

I have tried F1 and the manual but neither say anything that I can find :(

I'm going to searh canopus' site to see if they ahve basic tutorials on there, but if anyone can help, great and please can you point me at any tutorials that are around I could do with a watch and read now.

Graham
    www.myvideoproblems.com
    Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

You see typing questions helps.... I thought of looking on Canopus.com for a tutorial and found one which has answered my question, so now to put it into practice!!

Graham
    www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Originally posted by skier-hughes View Post
      Now that I'm getting into it, I'm struggling with the basics now.

How do I set the name for clips before capturing?
      At present I get 006 008 001 or something like that which means nothing to me, and as I have about 50 clips captured from my testing yesterday I can't work out easily which is which.

Now I'm going to start some work, I need to quickly tell what clip is what.

I can't see a way of doing this before capture, can it be done?

I have tried F1 and the manual but neither say anything that I can find :(

I'm going to searh canopus' site to see if they ahve basic tutorials on there, but if anyone can help, great and please can you point me at any tutorials that are around I could do with a watch and read now.

Graham

I love it when users answer their own questions but just so others know :)

In the Settings / application settings / Deck Settings there is a option for confirminfg the file name. You can check this to make sure you have the opportunity to name the files you capture to what you want them to be named to. :)

Mike

Comment

That's one of my pet hates as well, people saying they've found the answer but not saying what it was........

Sorry :)
        www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

The picture for "others know "...........visual supplement to the text from Mike.......

friendly greetings from ViennaLowLevelService ........... old Hans
          Edius 5,51 / Edius 6.08 / Edius 6.54(b) / Neo 3.0 / Neo 3.5

Comment

and notice the Pre-Roll amd Margin settings above the setting that was high lighted... that is what causes the program to try and capture a couple of seconds after your out point :)

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
              In the Settings / application settings / Deck Settings there is a option for confirminfg the file name. You can check this to make sure you have the opportunity to name the files you capture to what you want them to be named to.
              Is there any way to control the naming of multiple captured clips, other than <your file name>(001)...(002)...(003) or whatever the current default is? If not, that would be a nice feature for future updates.
              Edius 6.5 on Lenovo W520 laptop: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2 GHz, Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Canon Vixia HF-G10, three Sony HDV video cameras and one Canon 7D.

Comment

Ok, here's another struggle.........

In premiere a right click + Copy meant I could copy a video clip/audio file. When you came to paste you had the option to paste the clip or to just use the effect/s on another selected clip.

Is this possible in Edius?

I got around it by applying the effect to one clip then making this the default for colour correct, highlighting all the clips I wanted it on and then applying it, which worked well.

I now want to add an audio effect to several clips, well increase the volume. I tried highlighting the clips and R/C and use move all, but it wouldn't work unless I only had one clip selcted.

Graham
                www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

click the audio clip that has the filter, this will show the filter in the info palette

rubberband the clips you wish to apply the same filter

drag from info palette to any of the highlighted clips, done

the same goes for video filters
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

OK, got that, it'll help a lot.

It doesn't work though if you have used the rubber band to move the volume up say 2db. I've not explored the audio filters to see if this can be done with one of those yet, so will do now.

I'm a bit behind with work, being without my pc for nearly 3 weeks, so learning edius at the same time as trying to catch up is.......................... interesting........ but it's going well thanks to all of you.

Graham
                    www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Working...
                    X