Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aristotelis
    replied
    I would look for a model with dv-in because I still like the idea of a tape master.
    there are some cheap devises that can hack the dv-in limitation of the camcorders and allow recording to tape...
    We have one from Cactus images...(DV Max Enabler) and it works very well!

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Since the dv data will be copied 1:1 from the tape to the harddisk via firewire you can use any dv camcorder which is available. I would look for a model with dv-in because I still like the idea of a tape master.

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    So long as it is in good condition it doesn't matter how cheap a cam you buy. As the signal is digital all playback devices will either play it or won't. Old cams may have worn/out of alignment heads, so I'd suggest a new one, cheapest of the same make of cam you use.

I use my first canon digi cam as my deck, it'snow 7 years old buy does it's job well.

Decks are made to last, to be able to jog/shuttle the tapes without causing them damage. I wouldn't use the frame forward buttons tooo much on capture with a camcorder.

Leave a comment:

• sascho
    started a topic DV payback recommendations

DV payback recommendations

Not strictly Edius-related but a burning question:

So far I have been using my camcorder to play back my DV tapes when capturing raw material. However, I can't afford to ruin my camcorder as it is a specific model that is not available in shops any more and it is the only one to fit into my underwater case setup.

I am therefore looking for an alternative playback device. DV decks seem to be unreasonably expensive for my purposes and I can't see what their advantage really is. Would a cheap camcorder be sufficient, or are there different playback qualities depending on the model?
Working...
X