cant read avi's on CITIDISK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant read avi's on CITIDISK

I am attempting to read some 720p60 avi files from a CITIDISK HD which were made by an HVX200 camera.

Is this software capable of reading such avi's? (using 4.03 demo) I believe they are considered AVI2's. If this software can do it, I'll get it for my PC, but I am from the MAC side of the house these days.

Are they DVCPRO HD files? The demo should definitely read them.

Can the AVI files play in just Windows Media Player?

Comment

Yes it does and does it very well.
      But you need Edius broadcast. I think the demo is not broadcast.

Link to broadcast specs:
      http://www.canopus.com/products/EDIU...cast/index.php
      Steve
      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

NO they wont play in Media Player. It says it cant find the codec. They should be DVCpro HD files but Final Cut cant deal with them either. I ahve read this software is one of the few that can deal with this particular AVI codec CITIDISK is using.

I really need to know if this version is IT or if I need to obtain the Broadcast version. I wish the demo was more upfront. This is a potentially unique feature I could use and cant demo it.

I am also attempting to get CITIDISK on the line to find out what the heck they are doing with the AVI2's and what they recommend I edit them with.

Comment

If it can't find the codec the demo is the regular pro version.
          Steve
          A proud EDIUS EDITOR
          For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Can I send you a test file and have you tell me if I need to get the Broadcast version. I'll ahve purchasing get it for me if you can see one of these avi's. I can send a small one.

Comment

I can tell you that it works very good. But if you want me to test your file send it to
              sr at ediussupport dot com.
              put the email address in the correct format.

Or put the file on a ftp where i can download it
              SR
              Steve
              A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

ok. Let me put it in a place where it can be gotten to and I'll email sr the info on where it is. If you can read it, we're in business. Stand by...

Comment

Please send me a PM with the download location too - I can test it with v4.5, which expands video format support considerably, for AVI files.

Comment

ok. I presume your KH at the same site?

The file is in its place, so I just need to make sure the url is right. One should just be able to browse to it.

Comment

It won't open in Pro or Broadcast.

GSpot reports that the AVI header is corrupt on the file.

I must say, it's a little odd that a sample of HVX footage not be in the usual P2 MXF folder structure..

Comment

GSpot also says the file uses the Pinnacle DVHD100 (DVH1) codec.

Any chance this file has been exposed to Avid Liquid?

Comment

Yes I also was looking for the other info in the folder structure.

I think this it not a native P2 file.

K I think that maybe the citidisk was in liquid codec recording mode.
                          It needs to be put to record edius files.

Info from shining:
                          What are the native file formats supported by the CitiDISK HD? - Top
                          Adobe Premier 2.0+PlugIn: AVI2( standard AVI2 )
                          Apple FCP 5.1.x: MOV( Quicktime )
                          Avid Express Pro: RawDV, MOV( Quicktime )
                          Edius 4.0: MOV(Quicktime), CAVI2(Cannopus AVI2)
                          Axio+Adobe Premier 2.0: MAVI2( Matrox AVI2 )
                          Sony Vegas 7.0 -- AVI2( standard AVI2 )
                          - Updated: January 13, 2007

[FONT=arial] Known issues:
                          1. "P2-MXF" -- P2 card like folder structure and MXF file format supported are not included in this release
                          2. "QPLAY" & "PLAYALL" -- both functions are disabled for DVCProHD, but DVCPro50 and DVCPro are OK.
                          The "QPLAY" & "PLAYALL" choose for DV not DVCPro to playback, so, user must select DV mode even the video was shot as DVCPro.
                          3. Lab. test shows the 100G & 120G can record as long as you like in RawDV/DVCProHD recording, however, the 120G model seems not able to keep up the incoming data rate and automatically turns off the recording preventing the "skip-frame" in MOV & AVI modes. But the 100G works much better. Engineers are working on this issue now, will release it once it is available.
                          [/FONT]
                          Last edited by SRsupport; 06-08-2007, 06:00 PM.
                          Steve
                          A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

The file is part of a series of them.
                            The CITIDISK HD writes out of the 1394 port of the Panasonic camera and no its not in P2 format at all. The CITIDISK stores it at the format one presets into it before capturing. I stupidly got out of .mov mode and went to avi2 mode when someone told me they needed avi format. I thought I'd save a conversion step and its lead to a nightmare.

thanks gentleman for looking at that.

Pinnacle eh? hmmm. I'd love to do a force read on it somehow.

It could have gotten encoded in the Matrox AVI2 format. thats very possible.

I have GSPOT and now see what you seeing. Any idea if I can repair the header?
                            Last edited by edweibe; 06-08-2007, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not familiar with CITIDISK HD to help you there.

You can't recapture with it set to 'Canopus' can you? Or is it too late?

Comment

Working...
                              X