Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imaginate and Edius

From the land of the bizarre...

My .img imaginate clips randomly loose there photo images and are being replaced with the placecard Imaginate Logo.

This happens everytime I render to .WMV, .FLV and or burn to DVD. The files/timeline play fine until it is rendered to any of the above. However, everything renders fine to a Canopus HQ DV file.

I can get the lost images to reappeare by opening the file in Imaginate and resaving it. But as soon as I render the timeline the placeholders reappear.

Worked around it for time being.

Thanks,
    Bob

I have a different workflow which works all the time

I render out a video with mute audio from IM2 and use that video in Edius
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I do the same as Anton. I love Imaginate...

Comment

Originally posted by bhmm9999 View Post

My .img imaginate clips randomly loose there photo images and are being replaced with the placecard Imaginate Logo.

This happens everytime I render to .WMV, .FLV and or burn to DVD. The files/timeline play fine until it is rendered to any of the above. However, everything renders fine to a Canopus HQ DV file.

I can get the lost images to reappeare by opening the file in Imaginate and resaving it. But as soon as I render the timeline the placeholders reappear.

Thanks,
        Bob
        I have that problem when I use many very large images, Imaginate has a limit of how much it can hold, if this is the problem, render out with mute audio from it won't help, you have to cut down the amount of images per .img.
        I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Imaginate & Edius

Originally posted by bhmm9999 View Post

Thanks,
          Bob

We had the same problem with individual files that were too large and also found that there is a limit of files you can put in. There might be a connection between the size of the file and the number of files you can use.

Ted

Comment

Definitely size related

HI,

Just wanted to check back and let you know it was related to larger files. In this case a few unedited photos in the 10mb to 50mb range.

Once you get used to using Imaginate without rendering, it feels too time consuming to have to render AVIs. It is so much more efficient to keep Imaginate open and switch back and forth with Edius until you get your timing and moves just right. Been doing it this way for years. If you aren't doing try it.

Thanks for the advice.
            bob

Comment

Thanks to the inspiration from this thread I have Imaginate ordered and should arrive today!

Rusty
              Rusty Rogers | Films
              >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
              >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
              Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

I have to throw my vote for keeping it into Imaginate until you are ready and then creating a file... This has worked well for me for years. :)

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X