No announcement yet.

Edius crashes whole pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am surprised the startup crashes don't leave meaningful errors in event viewer? they usually give a good clue once you double click them
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Nothing at all.
      In fact today it has crshed at least 8 times now and there isn't one report in event viewer.
      The last two times it didn't just hang, it totally restarted the pc.

The only error I have is from last night which says

Hanging application EDIUS.exe, version 4.0.0.46, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

I can't update edius, if there is an update as it isn't registered yet.

I've just looked to see if there is an update, and the download site seems to be down, as I log in and it tells me I need to register to get downloads and it can't connect to the external database.

Graham
      www.myvideoproblems.com
      Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

Comment

what is your current version number of Edius?

can you tell exactly what happens when you start Edius, does it just vanish during load, if so at which point

also, check this
        http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...ius-audio.html
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I assume the version number is that listed in my last post. As it won't open anymore I can't find out and it just says version 4 on the disc itself.

I get to recent projects, new project, open project or close.

If I choose to open a project it can either crash and turn off the pc, or once it opened up edius with the timeline, bin etc but it just hung.

If I choose new project I get the project settings options.

I can still open up edius using ohci options, so version number is 4.11.

If I choose any of the nx options it just crashes at some point in opening up edius.

I've just tried the ohci setting and it works ok. I can import a file I captured yesterday when it was working in nx mode and that plays fine with audio and I can see it in the preview window.

I have just tried this.

Open new project in ohci mode.
          Edius opens and works ok.
          With edius open, open new project in nx mode.
          edius stays open, but I have no deck control.
          I can, though, manually start the deck playing and if I press capture I do capture.
          This captured file then works in edius.

Graham
          www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Ever thought of taking the machine to a specialized dealer who can set it up the right way?

Comment

Why can't the manual tell me how to do it?

I'm not stupid and I've built lots of pcs, but this is just proving to be useless.

What if he sets it up and it works. I get it home and it stops working again?

I had it working and not crashing last night - apart from the audio, but this morning when I turned it on, it was just crashing again?

Why?
              www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

I am a bit concerned about 4.11

at this stage I recommend you reformat (since you are an expert at that now) and then download 4.03 which is what I use and works well

4.03 is listed as an archived product but is there when you register and login to product related downloads

be sure that there is no NX hardware in your PC while you reformat

note: the canopus download site is currently down
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Sorry, I didn't want to offend you. I can only speak about my own business. The customer is invited to watch when his machine gets installed. Of course, the machines here have to through various tests and the customer also gets an image of the installation. We call it service.

Comment

I'll have a look.

You suggest reformat, install edius 4.03, fit nx express boards and then manually install drivers?

Or reformat, fit boards, install edius 4.3 and then drivers

or

reformat, fit boards, install drivers, install edius 4.03

Off to look for it.

Actually I have a trial version already downloaded, do you know what version that is? Ok hard one I know, as I downloaded it a few days ago to look at while waiting for my boards.

Graham
                    www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Another thought: is your Ram certified to run with your motherboard? Did you test the memory already?

And from a previous post:

Canopus video editing boards need very stable bus frequencies. Eg overclocking the pci bus has been an absolute nono in the DVStorm days. Today, many bios setups offer settings to lower voltages and things like that. Be sure that all frequency and power management related items are either set to standard or the right values. I see an icon named 'EasyTune5' on your desktop screenshot. Uninstall all stuff with the term 'tuning' in it. And yes, a bios update can be a step towards stabilty, too.

Comment

I'm a bit p**** off, I've been working on this two days.

I'm not offended, and I suspect your service is brialliant, as I try to be with my customers.

Sorry if I was a bit harsh :)

Another suggestion is to replace the motherboard, but I've already spent £2,000 building this pc, which was for my old storm, but that went up to video editing heaven, now it's possible the motherboard that is new and ok for storm, has not been tested on nx and not guaranteed to work, so I now need to spend another £100 or so and hope!!!!

Graham
                        www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

4.03 is an update only

so you will need Edius 4.0 or 4.01 or 4.02 full versions? does the CD you bought have a version number? there maybe a readme on the CD

Installation my way:

install XP SP2 and set it up for performance instead of pretty looks
                          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...erformance.gif

turn off system restore on all drives
                          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...temrestore.gif

untick a few options
                          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...p-recovery.gif

fix power options
                          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e.../always-on.gif

turn off this one
                          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...ce/Sp2-003.gif

tick these
                          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...ce/Sp2-001.gif

empty system temp folder in local settings/temp

shut down

insert NX cards

start up and cancel any auto installer that launches

wait at least 5 min after boot to make sure nothing else pops up, if so, kill it

now insert the Edius CD and do a full installation, reboot when asked

empty system temp folder in local settings/temp

apply the 4.03 update in case the installed version is 4.0 or 4.01 or 4.02
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

Yes, ram is certified for the mobo, ram has been tested.
                            Although easytune was installed with a desktop icon I have not used it and not overclocked the pc.

Eaasytune ahs been removed.

Everything else works perfectly on the pc.

Previous to installing the nx express I had vista 64 bit running with a beta copy of prem pro cs3, this was running great and editing like a dream, of course I was used to how it worked, ahving always used Premiere. Photoshop and workshop all work fine on this pc. It doesn't connect to the internet or run any office programmes.

I have an MSDN licence, so have ready access to all Windows versions.

I run two OS hdd's, though to ensure nothing is causing a problem the one is disconnected at present, so that all I have is this one drive, XP sp2, photoshop which is working, workshop which is working, epson printer drivers for 4 ink jet printers and two laser printers all working, imaginate -working.

In fact I had XP 32 bit and the edius trial and that worked fine on it's own.

It's since I've installed the nx express card and it's only edius that's not working.

Movie maker is capturing editing and working fine.

I could install premiere and check that, but I din't want to risk anything not needed getting in the way.

Graham
                            www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Does the NX card sit in a 1x PCIex slot? If not check the Bios if you have a 1x setting for that specific slot. Try also to fix the PCIex frequency to 100MHz. You may also try eg 99MHz or 101MHz at your own risk!

Comment

Anton,
                                The version that came with my nx express is 4.11.

The download trial I have says it is v4.03 in the read me file.

I'm going out now, so will try all of this later, ta.

Graham
                                www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Working...
                                X