No announcement yet.

Edius crashes whole pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've upped the latency to 128. No diiference.

I've used the other two nx settings available to me, ntsc and 24hz, as I've removed the component card to move the nx card....... Both of these crash immediately as well.

There is a bios update from F10 to F11, I'm going to try this next.

Graham
    www.myvideoproblems.com
    Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

Comment

Canopus video editing boards need very stable bus frequencies. Eg overclocking the pci bus has been an absolute nono in the DVStorm days. Today, many bios setups offer settings to lower voltages and things like that. Be sure that all frequency and power management related items are either set to standard or the right values. I see an icon named 'EasyTune5' on your desktop screenshot. Uninstall all stuff with the term 'tuning' in it. And yes, a bios update can be a step towards stabilty, too.
      Last edited by Zorro; 06-06-2007, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Well I'm getting somewhere.

I flashed the bios to F11, reset the pci latency to 128.

I can now open Edius after setting my output details.

I can capture.

When I drop the file onto the timeline I cannot preview it, I just get a grey screen. That's going to make editing interesting :) I also get a funny green bar at the top left of the screen which is flashing.

Graphics card is using the latest driver.

Graham
        www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

try changing the overlay mode under edius hardware settings and I think you are done...
          Aristotelis Bafaloukos
          Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
          BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Nearly.......
            Changed overlay mode to type 2 and I have picture, but something I didn't notice as I was looking for the picture, I have no sound!!!!!!!!

Time to read the manual I think?

The files definately have sound as they played ok in edius prior to this, as they were captured via dv-capture and play in WMP ok.

nothing appears to be showing in the audio mixer though.

Graham
            www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Almost there Graham...

When using EDIUS hardware in EDIUS (ie, you're NOT in OHCI project mode), then sound will be output via the EDIUS hardware.

So, if there's no route connected from your NX Express hardware to your speakers or sound card, you won't hear anything. Connect powered speakers to the NX Express audio output.

Alternatively, you can route the internal audio connection from the NX Express board to your sound hardware's Line In, CD In or Aux In connector. This is described in the manual.

Summary of your options:
              • Connect NX Express mainboard internal audio output to your sound hardware's Line In, CD In or Aux In connector. This will route the NX Express audio output through your sound hardware (which usually means the line-level output of the NX Express is being further attenuated by your sound hardware's mixer)
              • Connect NX Express mainboard external audio output to powered speakers.

Comment

I can now see the waveform, and it's in the audio mixer, but still no sound coming through the speakers. So close yet so far.........

Graham
                www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Brandon,

I have the lead connected from the nx card to the aux input of my creative audigy 2 sound card.

So, if I capture from OHCI and then edit in Edius I don't need this lead?
                  If I capture via the nx system I do?

I captured from dv-capture, via the front bay and when I dropped the file into edius it played ok, video and sound.

Now I've updated the bios etc as noted above the exact same file has no sound?????????

A file I've just captured also has no sound.

Graham
                  www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

I'm curious - if the problematic DV file is in the bin, double-click on it - it should mount to the player window. Play it back in the player window - do you still have no sound? (this is assuming you now have figured out your audio wiring from the NX to the Creative card..)

Comment

I'll check it out in the morning, I've had enough of it tonight, it's now 11pm and I've been working on it since 9am.

I don't think I had a problem with my connection to the sound card, unless you can tell me this works in a different manner.

Open dv-capture, capture file via firewire on front bay, import into edius and play. Sound is good.

Open edius, capture file via firewire from front bay, no sound.

Lead from audio out on the nx card goes to aux in on the audigy card.

It's not just one file either, it's all files.

mute isn't on.

See you tomorrow :)

Graham
                      www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Originally posted by skier-hughes View Post
                        So, if I capture from OHCI and then edit in Edius I don't need this lead?
                        If I capture via the nx system I do?
                        It's not the capture that matters - it's the project setting.

If the project is in NHX-E2 mode, then EDIUS is using the NX Express hardware for realtime output, and the sound and video will output from the NX Express hardware, not the system's sound hardware.

If the project is in a Generic HDV or Generic OHCI mode, then EDIUS isn't using the NX Express hardware for realtime output, and you'll get sound out of the system's sound hardware.

Also make sure that whatever input you connected the NX Express audio output to (Aux?) isn't muted in the Windows Mixer record settings as well as play settings.

Comment

Ok, getting it now.

I'm going to read the manual now that it is at least enarly there, so I understand the differences, I'm still in storm mode and this needs some more research.

Thanks very much everyone for getting me this far.

Ta

Graham
                          www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Well......

This morning I turned on the pc and edius just started crashing again!!!!!

So reformat, re-install xp, installed edius etc and got it back to a point where it isn't crashing on start-up.

Checked all sound settings and changed from aux_in to another connector on the creative card and I now have sound.

But I've not got any picture again now.

I've tried every setting in the overlay settings box and none work.

What does happen though, is as soon as I open the overlay settings box up, the pciture in the playback window is there. Close the overlay settings and the picture goes.

I looked through and changed anything I can in the n-vidia settings and nothing works there either.

I also still have this funny flashing green bar at the top left.

I'm about to give up.

Graham
                            www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

you must restart Edius after every overlay settings change before it takes

also, I would connect the audio out of NX to an external amp with external speakers, or direct to a TV monitor, it will sound better than looping through PC a second time
                              Anton Strauss
                              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

That's what I thought, but now it's crashing on start up again.

It's going back, I've had enough of it.
                                www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Working...
                                X