Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mediaworx
    replied
    After uninstalling ver. 4. Try going into your windows/ system 32 folder and deleting the Pavedius.dll and Pavpal.dll files. Reboot and try again

Leave a comment:

• sujith2008
    replied
    use your unstoler softwhere (have it downloard rapidshare)

Leave a comment:

• wlarotta
    replied
    New CPU Same problem...I did fix it once...I cant figure out!

Originally posted by JohanVH View Post
    It was an InstallShield problem.

I looked up de key for Edius 4 in the registry: F28111F1-8DCC-4E3C-A6D4-5E1D05F28300. Then deleted that key in the registry and deleted the folder with the same name in the Program Files folder. Rebooted the pc, et voila I, was able to install from the Edius 5 upgrade DVD.

Best Regards,

JohanVH
    NEW CPU Same problem...I did fix it once...I cant figure out!
    what I did before....it been over a year...HELP!!!

Leave a comment:

• waynz
    replied

I looked up de key for Edius 4 in the registry: F28111F1-8DCC-4E3C-A6D4-5E1D05F28300. Then deleted that key in the registry and deleted the folder with the same name in the Program Files folder. Rebooted the pc, et voila I, was able to install from the Edius 5 upgrade DVD.

Best Regards,

JohanVH
    I installed REVO Uninstaller (a free program) and it found those files (a windows search did not) deleted them and rebooted.
    Install behaving normally now.
    wz

Leave a comment:

• waynz
    replied
    "An old version of EDIUS/Aurora Craft was detected. Uninstall it first before proceed

I have tried everything to install the ver 5 upgrade. How can I get rid of this error? Went into registry...removed all canopus files but edius setup manager refuses to be removed (using add/remove programs).
    Do I really have to buy a $30 regdoctor just to install this???
    PLEASE HELP
    Wayne

Leave a comment:

• StormWarez
    replied
    hello! i had the same problem before.. i think its a registry problem. Try to fix it with RegDoctor. Install it and run a quick scan on your registry and fix the scanned errors. Then re-run another scan by deep scan and fix. Reboot.. and try to reinstall edius 5.

Leave a comment:

• wlarotta
    replied
    Help...same problem

Hello...i am getting the same error, where is that folder?
    Thank you...William
    Houston texas

Leave a comment:

• JohanVH
    replied
    Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm getting the impression there is something wrong with the InstallShield.

Best Regards,

JohanVH

Leave a comment:

• JohanVH
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
    Best Bet on this one is to reinstall 4! then uninstall it! Then install 5 using the Edius 4 serial on the Edius 5 upgrade disk cover.
    Should be OK
    Regards Barry
    Thank you for the suggestion.

I tried this before. I can not reinstall Edius 4 as it says that Edius 4 is already installed. Even after I applied the manual ininstall process it keeps telling me Edius 4 is already installed.

I'm getting the impression there is something wrong with the InstallShield.

Best Regards,

JohanVH
    Last edited by JohanVH; 10-20-2008, 11:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JohanVH
    replied
    I recieved the Edius 4 manual uninstall procedure.

----
    Here is the list for folder locations and registry entries that you will need to check are removed from the system:

Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Canopus
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Canopus

Folders:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Canopus
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Canopus Shared
    C:\Program Files\Canopus
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Canopus (NOTE: USER will be replaced with your details e.g gastonl)

Then reboot Windows and re-install V5

----

I applied all the registry changes and deleted the folders mentioned in the procedure. After rebooting the PC I tried the Edius 5 upgrade DVD again. Alas I am still getting the same error.

First a windows appears with the text:

"An old version of EDIUS/Aurora Craft was detected. Uninstall it first before proceeding to this setup."

After that I get an window with the title: SetupManagerFor Edius - InstallShield Wizard" and the text: "#Error 20201: System error".

When I try to UNinstall Edius via "Add or Remove Programs" to uninstall the "Edius4SetupManager" I get the same error.

Is there anybody who can help me, PLEASE?

Cheers,

JohanVH

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Best Bet on this one is to reinstall 4! then uninstall it! Then install 5 using the Edius 4 serial on the Edius 5 upgrade disk cover.
    Should be OK
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• JohanVH
    started a topic Edius 4 -> 5 upgrade problem

Edius 4 -> 5 upgrade problem

When I use the Edius 5 upgrade DVD it first tries to UNinstall Edius 4.x.. While it is doing that I get an window with the title: "SetupManagerFor Edius - InstallShield Wizard" and the text: "#Error 20201: System error".

When I try to UNinstall Edius via "Add or Remove Programs" to uninstall the "Edius4SetupManager" I get the same error.

I called Tech Support in the UK about this, and they asked me to email them and ask for a Edius 4.x UNinstall procedure.

Alas I haven't recieved an answer from them yet.

Can anyone PLEASE help me?

Best Regards,

JohanVH
    Last edited by JohanVH; 10-20-2008, 10:28 AM.
Working...
X