X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
    DVDs that are burned from home stand alone DVD recorders.
    Yep, forgot to mention that one !

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    I agree and have run into somewhat the same problem every now and then with DVDs that are burned from home stand alone DVD recorders.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    This week I also had a client with a 8cm DVD, the DVD was finalized in the camera but would not play on any DVD player I had.
    Next step was to try Disc capture, this failed on many of the selected chapters, even import as 1 whole file failed.
    Then used Windows explorer to copy the DVD to Hard Drive and use procoder to convert to AVI, all problem clips that failed before were only 11 sec long, and failed further conversion.

Lastly I used the analog cable to capture the 26 minutes of video from the Sony SD cam only to find out that the 16x6 was not True 16x9.

I used the layout tool on a 16x9 project to render out to DVD again.

This is the second cam (client) I have used to try and import video from a 8cm disc which produced a lot of headache in both cases.

It could be me, but I think it has something to do with a non standard file format / video format / or both ..............

Note : all other DVD produced by myself or other capture fine with disc capture or through windows explorer etc.

Leave a comment:

• tuyle
    replied
    Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
    i am trying to use disc capture to bring in footage off a mini dvd shot off a sony dvd camcorder. nothing comes up in the disc capture box. im assuming that they didnt finalize the disc and thats why i dont see anything. true?
    Did you have the mini dvd on the dvd drive of your computer for capture ? Can you view the video (the mini dvd) on your computer before capture ?

I don't know about the camcorder, but typical you need to finalize the disc so other player can read.

Leave a comment:

• jimstamos
    started a topic disc capture in edius

disc capture in edius

i am trying to use disc capture to bring in footage off a mini dvd shot off a sony dvd camcorder. nothing comes up in the disc capture box. im assuming that they didnt finalize the disc and thats why i dont see anything. true?
Working...
X