Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hdstorm/Edius 5 with multiple sound cards

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hdstorm/Edius 5 with multiple sound cards

    I don't have a sound connector for the WIN XP PRO PCs onboard audio to connect the sound passthrough cable from the HDSTORM board, so I put a secondary sound card (Soundblaster Live PCI) in the system and connected the HDSTORM to that. I have EVERYTHING on the secondary card muted for playback AND record EXCEPT the Auxillary In, which has the HDSTORM sound cable plugged into it. No sound on capture OR playback of clips.

    Even if I select the Soundblaster as the primary device, nothing.

    Any ideas?

  • #2
    Have you tried disabling the onboard audio in the BIOS?

    Comment


    • #3
      You can connect the HD Storm directly to the line-in port of your on-board sound card with a standard 3.5mm cable (just above the HDMI ports). You won't need a seperate sound card then.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by THoff View Post
        Have you tried disabling the onboard audio in the BIOS?
        I don't want to lose the onboard audio (by disabling) since it's better than the workaround audio I'm trying. Windows supports multiple cards natively. The problem I'm having is with Edius.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by redgum View Post
          You can connect the HD Storm directly to the line-in port of your on-board sound card with a standard 3.5mm cable (just above the HDMI ports). You won't need a seperate sound card then.
          This is the correct config. Somehow I missed that there was an audio out on the backplane of the HDSTORM card. Ran a cable from that to the line in on the computer's on-board audio and everything's fine. Removed the extra audio card since it's now unnecessary.

          Thanks!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gaijin4life View Post
            I don't want to lose the onboard audio (by disabling) since it's better than the workaround audio I'm trying. Windows supports multiple cards natively. The problem I'm having is with Edius.
            When you run a 3RD party audio card like SoundBlaster, [email protected], ect you should always disable the on board audio, this is common practice with 99% of 3RD party audio cards.

            Steve
            Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
              When you run a 3RD party audio card like SoundBlaster, [email protected], ect you should always disable the on board audio, this is common practice with 99% of 3RD party audio cards.

              Steve
              Why? I can understand that rationale prior to XP where it wasn't supported, but from XP forward, multiple simultaneously installed sound cards have been natively supported by the OS. There's really no reason to disable the onboard sound.

              Comment


              • #8
                That's correct but somr of the high end cards still prefer the on board Audio disabled.

                Steve
                Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

                Comment

                Working...
                X