replied
    the problem remains unfixed with BorisFX 9

wrong field order happens when using SD D1 and HD and HDV

thy may have fixed Boris Red, but not BorisFX9

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Just a note on BORIS RED
    It had real problems in 4.61, "incorrect field order" with HDV OK in SD but with the advent of 5.1 and the upgrade of Boris 4.3.1 this has disappeared although it is not listed on the fixed problems in the Boris update. NOTE I have not tried it in SD perhaps the field order problem has swapped?
    Anton still tells us this problem is not fixed but I can assure you on my system it works perfectly.
    To check it out after loading the update try an "Explode" filter, it used to jitter but now is as smooth as a baby's ......
    The only real problem is Boris is difficult to get your head around to start with and the render times are LONG
    Once I bought the training video which I still have to consult regularly, must be getting too old, It is just great, I like it better than Hyroglyph
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• Romigo
    replied
    SoundFreak is right - Edius is GREAT but there are a few simple things which may make our live more pleasurable.

We spent hundreds hours reading and writing requests on the forum. Thanks a lot for the comunity. But after all these days (since DVRAPTOR childhood) Im very TIRED and have almost NO HOPE that "Edius Goods" are willing to implement these simpe issues.

Im not talking about second part software but Quick Titler can be improved

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Originally posted by tingsern View Post
    the owners already sweep it under the carpet, I guess - we better get out of TM Pro then.
    That's why is is important for Canopus / GV / and us end users that more attention is spend to have 3rd party software providers to join the Edius family.

You can not compare PPro with Edius as a "same" product, Edius is very good in my eyes (fast and super stable) but it loses to any other available product regarding plugins (title / video effects / audio).
    PPro or others are not "loved" for the fact that they are better, it's just that they are compatible with almost anything that floats around, the good & the bad.

And Movie factory or Insciber doesn't do much when you wan't more than ...... well basic.
    Don't get me wrong, it's great to have this ver. 5 bundle, but because all of the mentioned hickups here and there, my red dongle is in the drawer, I went back to green using 4.61)

Izothope is a great product, but it breaks Edius, vst plugins never worked well (3.x to 5.x), so there are still a lot of hurdels and hickups to overcome , not only the almost beaten to death save vs save as ......

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Hi Hans,

I will tell you later tonight after I try to install the trial version of Graffiti (latest version) - and see if it works :-).

Thanks.

Never mind - no need to wait - on their online help, they only support EDIUS 3.5 and 4 only. So - I don't even need to install the trial version !!!
    Last edited by tingsern; 02-19-2009, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vienna1944er
    replied
    BorisFX .... the next Problem on this corner...

this is only a solution for Edius 4.1

4.5 and 5.0 and 5.01 ore not supported Hosts for Boris FX, equal if it is litlte Graffiti or big RED....

bad, but true..... ask Anton about \ for this....

Please, excuse my "gibberish" english ...... all the best from europe\austriavienna ....old Hans

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Now we know why barking at Canopus won't get anything changed to TM Pro ... I think they better look at BorisFX Graffiti then. If the owners already sweep it under the carpet, I guess - we better get out of TM Pro then.

Leave a comment:

• vienna1944er
    replied
    as far as I know, inscriber sold the product and the new owners have placed them in the legacy range of products, meaning no further development
    but not in one step......
    first step : Leitch Technology Completes Acquisition of Inscriber ..... January 2005
    second step: announced today that Harris has completed its previously announced acquisition of Leitch October 2005 http://www.broadcast.harris.com/news...kup&pr_id=1697

and at 2007 looks on Harris -Site:

Historical Products:
    RTX HD
    VideoCarte
    VMP Studio
    TitleMotion
    TitleMotion Pro

and at 2009 ..... never to find this old document or TitleMotion Pro on Harris Web-Sites

friendly greetings from the "inhouse-librarian" ....... old (but not morbid) Hans ;-))
    Last edited by vienna1944er; 02-19-2009, 10:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Looks like it is time for me to move to Boris FX then ... I know it is expensive, but, I can't stand a product that works on half a leg and no fingers !!!

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    legacy range of products, meaning no further development :(
    That happens more and more, seems to be "a" trend nowadays.
    My list of (expensive) legacy products (hard & software) keeps steadily growing ........

I sometimes have the feeling that certain companies are bought over just to get rid of the competition :)

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    as far as I know, inscriber sold the product and the new owners have placed them in the legacy range of products, meaning no further development :(

these are the new owners
    http://www.broadcast.harris.com/prod...dcastGraphics/

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    We might be hitting the wrong people ...

I know that Titlemotion Pro is not written by Canopus people. It is an OEM version of the real product of the same name by Inscriber (the real developers of the product).

I am not certain what relationships Canopus has with Inscriber ... but, it could explain why all our requests to improve TMPro are met with deaf ears!

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    As Romigo stated, lots of user have been requesting / suggesting useful changes since the early days, My self, user since version 1.0, there just come's a time when you just have no more strength to beg for simple things anymore and just go with the flow or leave.

I know of lots of users who are not active on this forum, but read now and them, some have stayed with Edius, some have moved on to other products, mostly because of simple, annoying things that don't get fixed / changed and / or take ages to complete .............

Leave a comment:

• mattie
    replied
    Originally posted by Claire View Post
    The shortcut key combination for " Save As" in many programs is "Control + Shift + S" but for some reason Quick Titler doesn't appear to permit this while it does allow Control S (which also closes the titler).

If it only allowed this common windows shortcut key combo I would be happy since it would bring up a dialogue box asking for a file name. With this in front of you I believe it would be intuitive.

Hold shift while pressing control S to save as a NEW title once you have altered the existing one.

Simple enough?
    maybe add this in the feature request area?

Leave a comment:

• Claire
    replied
    The shortcut key combination for " Save As" in many programs is "Control + Shift + S" but for some reason Quick Titler doesn't appear to permit this while it does allow Control S (which also closes the titler).

If it only allowed this common windows shortcut key combo I would be happy since it would bring up a dialogue box asking for a file name. With this in front of you I believe it would be intuitive.

Hold shift while pressing control S to save as a NEW title once you have altered the existing one.

Simple enough?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X