• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwomack View Post
    Is there anyone trying to fix this?
    It's not a Bug, it's a feature :)
    Accept it and move on.

Comment

I have learnt this lesson too. I agree, this is really a "save" Vs "save as" issue. When you copy a file and make slight changes to it you simply "save as" with a new (perhaps incremental) file name. Clearly saving it with the same file name will overwrite the previous content.

I gotta admit it can be really annoying when you forget to "save as" and lose the original content, but thats just the way it (quite appropriately) works.

Comment

In every other application that we use it is standard operating procedure to do a "save as" as your first step after opening a file if your intention is to duplicate a page and make changes but preserve the original. We don't do it after we make the changes we do it as soon as we open the original file. Saves a lot of time especially if changing the original will have a global effect on a project as in for instance web design. It is a good habit to develop.
        Edius 8 Workgroup, Intel 3770K, Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard, 32GB DDR3 1600 ram, SSD for C, external Raid box with WE RE4 1TB drives Raid 0 for video assets. Overclocked 4.3ghz, Asus GTX 660 ti, water cooled system. Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by burnandreturn View Post
          In every other application that we use it is standard operating procedure to do a "save as" as your first step after opening a file if your intention is to duplicate a page and make changes but preserve the original.
          Very good practice, yes, but unfortunately after save as the application closes automatically, it would be nice if it stayed open to avoid the extra steps again to re-open the file.

Comment

Originally posted by burnandreturn View Post
            In every other application that we use it is standard operating procedure to do a "save as" as your first step after opening a file
            Which programs do that?? None of the Microsoft programs do that!
            Nor any other on my computer, you have to select "Save As", none of mine have an automatic save as!!!
            Perhaps I live on another planet!
            Regards Barry
            Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
            GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
            Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
            Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
              Which programs do that?? None of the Microsoft programs do that!
              Nor any other on my computer, you have to select "Save As", none of mine have an automatic save as!!!
              Perhaps I live on another planet!
              Regards Barry
              I don't hink he is saying that it is automatic at all. Just their standard practice of getting in the habit of doing a Save As. I also stress this in Edius training.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim N View Post
                I have learnt this lesson too. I agree, this is really a "save" Vs "save as" issue. When you copy a file and make slight changes to it you simply "save as" with a new (perhaps incremental) file name. Clearly saving it with the same file name will overwrite the previous content.

I gotta admit it can be really annoying when you forget to "save as" and lose the original content, but thats just the way it (quite appropriately) works.
                No way is this appropriate. Anton and I were using SpeedRazor 13 years ago where you just CTR+S to save a TM with auto append. 01,02,03,etc.

I had to make at least 200 TM titles on a job, and having to use save-as and type in the file name for each is a PIA in Edius.

As you see, I already brought this up last Oct., and I left a comment in the
                "new features wanted,etc"

JohnnyD
                Last edited by JohnnyD; 02-18-2009, 08:42 PM.
                Edius7, 4790K, 16G, Win7, GTX970ti MatroxLE
                2nd Sys.,Edius5.51, 2700K, 16G, GTX1060, Win7
                Atari 400
                JohnFellersProd

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyD View Post
                  I already brought this up last Oct., and I left a comment in the "new features wanted,etc" JohnnyD
                  This has been requested several years ago, but seemingly it is still at the bottom of the now becoming very long TO DO small little valuable changes list ........

Comment

Simply - Menu command DUPLICATE AS A NEW TITLE can definitally SOLVE this annoying behawior.

Sorry but I curse "Edius Creator" because of that on evarage twice a months.
                    Every time when I (by mistake ) rewrite some used titles.
                    Think about it!!!!

I have sugested it several times since version 1.5
                    There are som other sugestions:

2 - It would be nice if the File name of the new title can automatically begin by words from the first title line.
                    When i save it. It may apear in the file dialog line. Like in MS Word.

3 - When press PREVEW button in Quick titler (A and magnifier) I should render ALL TITLE TRACKS (not only thouse which are bellow) to arrange the whole screen
                    and allign title against other titles. (without closing)
                    Or add please button SHOW ALL TRACKS

4 - Need simple utility to split multi line QT title to separate tiles.
                    Sometimes I need them in one title to arrange them all. Then split them to add different movement.
                    .etl is an XML file. It wount be difficult to do that.
                    Last edited by Romigo; 02-18-2009, 06:48 PM.

Comment

The shortcut key combination for " Save As" in many programs is "Control + Shift + S" but for some reason Quick Titler doesn't appear to permit this while it does allow Control S (which also closes the titler).

If it only allowed this common windows shortcut key combo I would be happy since it would bring up a dialogue box asking for a file name. With this in front of you I believe it would be intuitive.

Hold shift while pressing control S to save as a NEW title once you have altered the existing one.

Simple enough?
                      Claire

Edius 8.53 Workgroup, DVC Built i7 5960X 8 core Haswell-E Unlocked, Win10 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Decklink 4K Extreme 12G, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC, Eizo 31" ColorEdge CG319X HDR 4K monitor

Comment

Originally posted by Claire View Post
                        The shortcut key combination for " Save As" in many programs is "Control + Shift + S" but for some reason Quick Titler doesn't appear to permit this while it does allow Control S (which also closes the titler).

If it only allowed this common windows shortcut key combo I would be happy since it would bring up a dialogue box asking for a file name. With this in front of you I believe it would be intuitive.

Hold shift while pressing control S to save as a NEW title once you have altered the existing one.

Simple enough?
                        maybe add this in the feature request area?

Comment

As Romigo stated, lots of user have been requesting / suggesting useful changes since the early days, My self, user since version 1.0, there just come's a time when you just have no more strength to beg for simple things anymore and just go with the flow or leave.

I know of lots of users who are not active on this forum, but read now and them, some have stayed with Edius, some have moved on to other products, mostly because of simple, annoying things that don't get fixed / changed and / or take ages to complete .............

Comment

We might be hitting the wrong people ...

I know that Titlemotion Pro is not written by Canopus people. It is an OEM version of the real product of the same name by Inscriber (the real developers of the product).

I am not certain what relationships Canopus has with Inscriber ... but, it could explain why all our requests to improve TMPro are met with deaf ears!
                            TingSern
                            --------------------------------------
                            Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

as far as I know, inscriber sold the product and the new owners have placed them in the legacy range of products, meaning no further development :(

these are the new owners
                              http://www.broadcast.harris.com/prod...dcastGraphics/
                              Anton Strauss
                              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                                legacy range of products, meaning no further development :(
                                That happens more and more, seems to be "a" trend nowadays.
                                My list of (expensive) legacy products (hard & software) keeps steadily growing ........

I sometimes have the feeling that certain companies are bought over just to get rid of the competition :)

Comment

Working...
                                X