X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    mattie

• mattie
    replied
    just seen Rusty's response - that sounds a good idea for keepin everything in check - ill give it a try - thx Rusty - not as oxadised as u look!

Leave a comment:

• mattie

• mattie
    replied
    I was applying transitions and having the problem of stuff not moving - the shift alt is good for manually moving but no good for a same track Tx - any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by mattie View Post
    he's right u know - any audio to the left (by even 1 frame) of a cut your moving about stays put and this is what i had!

wonder if theres a way to include audio starting to the left of cuts to be moved? anyone know how?
    yes there is

drag the overhanging clip while holding Shift+Alt and all will move in perfect harmony

Leave a comment:

• Rusty

• Rusty
    replied
    mattie,
    Ripple Mode is sticky that way and anything left of the cursor will block the ripple.
    To do as you ask, I lop off the audio left of the cursor, Ripple Delete, then scroll my audio back out from right to left.

Leave a comment:

• mattie

• mattie
    replied
    he's right u know - any audio to the left (by even 1 frame) of a cut your moving about stays put and this is what i had!

wonder if theres a way to include audio starting to the left of cuts to be moved? anyone know how?

Leave a comment:

• Alade

• Alade
    replied
    Hi, I had this problem a few times, and was going bananas, as I had things set correctly....the culprit was so simple.....a clip was overhanging another by just a few frames...sounds crazy?....well, go down to one or two frames, and check your cut points by placing the curser , and you may be surprised that such a simple thing can cause such problems........

Leave a comment:

• Tobe

• Tobe
    replied
    maybe silly, but be sure they aren't locked...

Leave a comment:

• mattie

• mattie
    replied
    I am havig similar issues - I have synch ticked and ripple off (have tried every combination tho) and I get everything moving left fine except audio on tracks 2 and 4.

I have 1A to 14 in use and 1VA and 2V

I cant seem to get the 2 audio tracks to move along with the rest of the project. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• rapcon
    replied
    Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
    Phillip, I agree with Anton. In most cases Sync mode should be on and Ripple off. Edius defaults to the exact opposite. Have heart, I think the new manual for 5.xx does a much better job of explaining things.
    Gentlemen thank you, it's all working as was before. The clips move as they should, thank you...

Regards Phil C.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss

• pjsssss
    replied
    Phillip, I agree with Anton. In most cases Sync mode should be on and Ripple off. Edius defaults to the exact opposite. Have heart, I think the new manual for 5.xx does a much better job of explaining things.

Leave a comment:

• rapcon
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    be sure sync mode is on

look for a hidden hard to find location that looks like this
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/edius4/sync-mode.gif

also, turn off ripple mode, you will never need it
    Thanks Anton, I'll give it a try, much appreciated. Was causing some stress...

Regards Phil C.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo

• antonsvideo
    replied
    be sure sync mode is on

look for a hidden hard to find location that looks like this
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/edius4/sync-mode.gif

also, turn off ripple mode, you will never need it

Leave a comment:

• rapcon
    started a topic Ripple Deleting in Edius

Ripple Deleting in Edius

I've recently upgraded to Edius 4.61 (I know, left it late!) & enjoying the improvements compared to Version 3 but what's giving me trouble is when I've performed a lot of cuts & layers of tracks when I return to an earlier point in the timeline and perform a modification i.e that is ripple delete a part of the track the rest of the timeline will not shift in unison. I've tried all the settings (I cannot understand the manual as it's been poorly translated) ripple & sync, just can't master it. Can anyone help me achieve the same setting as it was in Edius 3?

Thanks,
    Regards Phil C.
Working...
X