I'd like HDMI without taking it all apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like HDMI without taking it all apart

As an owner of an SP system I don’t have the luxury of HDMI.

Does anyone have any advise on the best way forward to incorporate HDMI without having to shell out £$£$£$?

I don’t want to loose my SP breakout with XLR etc by moving to a Storm..

Thanks as always
    Supermicro X6DAE-G2 - 2x Dual Core Xeon 3.2 Ghz, 4G ram, SP Breakout Box, Nvidia GTX260, win xp pro. CS4. Mackie HR824 audio monitoring, Audient ASP510 Surround Sound Controller + smaller bits..

Installing both HDStorm and SP boards is possible in many systems...
    Aristotelis Bafaloukos
    Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
    BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Thanks Aristotelis. Do you ever sleep?
      Supermicro X6DAE-G2 - 2x Dual Core Xeon 3.2 Ghz, 4G ram, SP Breakout Box, Nvidia GTX260, win xp pro. CS4. Mackie HR824 audio monitoring, Audient ASP510 Surround Sound Controller + smaller bits..

Comment

Maybe wait for the HDSPARK HDMI out card?

Comment

whats that? I guess I may have spent too much time with my head in my monitor.

Comment

HDSPARK is a very small HDMI output board, designed simply to provide sync'ed AV playback from an EDIUS v5 timeline to an HDMI display. Ingest is not included - you're on your own there (ie. USB/FireWire, etc)

Keep in mind that for now, HDSPARK will only be available as an option to the EDIUS v5 software...which means buying a copy of EDIUS v5 to get the HDSPARK. Currently this will add $100 USD on top of the regular $799 MSRP, making it $899. Considering that HDSTORM's special upgrade price is $999, you're getting awfully close enough to the same pricing level of a more featured HDMI solution.

Comment

So what happens if you bought EDIus5 when the HDSPArk was not available?
              Do I see a special upgrade in the future? :)
              Steve
              EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
              A proud EDIUS EDITOR
              For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

I like the sound of special upgrade! :)

Comment

At this stage, I don't know if there will be any upgrade path for HDSPARK, if you bought v5 already.

This is part of the reason why the information about HDSPARK was announced at the same time, so that people can make an informed decision about their purchase. HDSPARK was always going to ship ahead of the $249 promo expiry..

Comment

Wasn't there talk about selling the HDSPARK card without Edius?

Comment

Was mentioned in another thread from CP, there are rumblings of such, but as of yet, HDSPARK alone does not exist separately from the EDIUS software.

Comment

Why not use Component for HD monitoring? :\

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
                          Why not use Component for HD monitoring? :\
                          I agree and it looks stunning on my 42" Plasma via Edius SP component
                          Anton Strauss
                          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

The HDspark will be a nice low cost solution for people who have only the NX card (like me) with out the HD expansion card, as some of us are happy (enough) with capturing HDV through OCHI and previewing through the Spark at a price you can't beat.
                            I was saving up for a HD expansion card, but as it is only a hobby at home it leave's me more cash for other goodies.

If I had to make a choice as a buisnes, the HDSpark would be out and go for the HD exspansion card first and maybe add on or second system with HDstorm or HDthunder, different users, different wallets ..........

Comment

At the first GV roadshow here in the UK an approximate price of £525 (ex VAT) was quoted for HD Spark + E5. I failed to ask if it would be available as a stand alone card - it looks as tho it will not from the KH comment.
                              DVC laptop: W870CU i7; 17.3" 1920x1080; 2x 1TB 7200rpm SATA notebook drives; Edius 8.5WG; Windows 7.

Comment

Working...
                              X